c/ku combo question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

mick d

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 12, 2009
ne texas
If I get a c/ku band lnb that is receiver controlled polarity then I would only need the wires just to run my actuator and if this correct which lnb would you guys suggest?

agreed:

I believe the DMX741 has the edge. Based on the reports here on the forum.
However, all the electrically controlled dual-band LNBFs are touchy to align on Ku.

I don't have a dual-band orthomode feed operational (yet), but I've read that they are easier to get going on Ku.
That does come at quite a high price, though.

Dollar for dollar, pound for pound, I'd go with the DMX741 or Ck-1.

I don't have a dual-band orthomode feed operational (yet), but I've read that they are easier to get going on Ku.
That does come at quite a high price, though.

Dual orthos are easy to align for Ku and they do work. However I've been a little disappointed with the performance on Ku. My dual ortho does C and Ku well on my shallow and solid BUD. On the mesh and deep perf, its performance was not impressive. After testing I decided it was underscanning the deep dish and the mesh had too much surface irregularity. There is also some loss on C-band when compared to a single ortho. Just a few words of warning given the expense.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)