c/ku/dbs feedhorn not functioning

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mongodrilo

Original poster
Jun 21, 2007
Hi everyone. Im currently installing a c/ku/dbs feedhorn to my BUD. The BUD is over 10ft tall. I removed the original feedhorn and I put this one with all the lnbs. Im recieving a very weak signal from the c-band lnb and not recieving any signal from the ku and dbs lnbs. How can I put properly the feedhorn? Since the dbs lnb is hanging in the scalar ring I dont know what is the best position or what is the problem. Are the 110 and 119 satellites near satellite G-0(or G-10)? To program the BUD Im using a General Instruments 350i analog reciever. Any help will be appreciated...Thank you!

did it come with instructions

the dbs side of the scaler should be on the left if looking at the dish

you would first tweak the c band then tweak the ku , the dbs side is the strongest so it probably doesn't need tweaked.

g10 (g0) is at 123 so 119 is a couple of clicks away you would just set it as another satellite and save the location

before i installed i would string the dish and make sure the measurments are correct for the focal distance .

good luck

Hi. What do you mean by the word tweak? The feedhorn that Im trying to mount is
mi3500024.html
. C/Ku/DBS Feedhorn The only isntruction that I recieved was that I have to calculate the focal length but it doesnt specified the position of the feedhorn. If you have an Idea or now something...please let me know...Thank you!

have you tried to take a small tv outside with you and loosen the holding bracket just enought so you can move the whole feedhorn in and out and/or rotate the feedhorn? did you connect the polarity / skew wires to the little blue box on the feedhorn? Also, do you have the coax cables hooked up correctly? Does the reciever have a place for both cables, or does it only have one coax connection?

I tired.

Hi. I tried that alredy but the only signal that Im getting is the c-band only. That's why I was thinking that the problem was the position were I put the feedhorn. If I put a signal amplifier, would that help? What signal meter will be useful for these? The reciever has one input for c and one input for ku. What braket I should move? Since the feedhorn is attached by 4 poles, I dont know what is the bracket that you are talking about. Thank you for your help!...

The picture of my BUD is this one:

Attachments

• Parabolica.jpg
    Parabolica.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 286
The DBS position should be on either the extreme east side or the extreme west side of the ARC (I would think). As Gabshire said, from G10 bump the dish towards the east a little and you should be able to find 119.0w. If you have a satellite programmed in your GI 350i that's close to 110.0w, you should be able to go from it in a similar way to find 110.0w. What kind of receiver are you using to get the DBS signals? The GI 350i won't receive them.
I think the bracket somery is talking about, is the Scaler Ring (that the DBS lnbf is made into). You should be able to adjust the distance of the Feedhorn assembly from the feedhorn itself and the scaler ring. The feedhorn should be able to slide inside of the scaler ring, toward the dish or away from the dish. Do you have a separate cable for the ku running into your GI 350i receiver? Do you have a separate cable running to a receiver that will handle DBS signals?
And I would stay away from any kind if signal amplifier, it's not need!
Good Luck!

Al

Trying to make it work

Thank you everyone for all the help. Im using seperate cables for each lnb. To use the dbs lnbf, Im using a pansat 2500A. I was thinking of adding a signal amplifier because the distance between the BUD and the house is over 200ft. Thank you for all the help and any other tip or idea will be appreciated..Thank you!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts