c=lnbf setup

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

turbosat

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Dec 26, 2006
Oneonta,AL
Just spent 2hrs trying to align my cband lnbf (cheap backup lnbf since lightning got my titanium lnbf) and I am totally unable to get this thing to conform! I can get all the channels on the 3 or 4 birds I've tried it on so far, with great levels, but they are all opposite polarity from what lyngsat lists the channels as. The main problem is, I cannot reach the lnbf with the ladders I have right now when the dish is aimed at my southern-most satellite-it is on a very long pole, too high off the ground when the dish is that far east. So I settle for 95west and 97,101 and have to estimate how far clockwise or ccw to turn the thing. I know it probably isn't critical to watching the channels, but how the heck are you supposed to get these things right? It's a 3yr old dmsi lnbf, has a scale of -30 to zero to +30 on it. If my polarotor wire wasn't trashed from age, I think I'd put my old feedhorn back up.

Take the cap of the LNBF and look at the bar across the throat. That bar is Vertical and should be straight up and down at the southern point of your arc. Take a marker and draw a line across the back of the LNBF for reference

Reactions: fred555
Excellent! I thought that something must've been constructed backwards in that thing. And yes, I almost did turn it 180 just to see what would happen, lol.
I'll check that bar inside it, thanks much guys!

Reactions: fred555
AFAIK, all are at 'noon' except this one. IIRR, WSI had a dual band that was 'zeroed' at 3:00 also.
Problem was probably a loss during translation.
I originally installed it at 'noon', but noticed all polarities were switched after scanning about 4 satellites. AH-HA moment.
No problem setting the skew 'right', dish is 4 panels, Seam at noon to 6 and another at 9 to 3.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts