Status
Please reply by conversation.

eurosport

In Dave Grohl We Trust!
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 31, 2008
North Florida
Recently I put one of my new C2 dual-output LNBF's on my 7.5 foot dish and lined up the 30--0--30 markings with the polar axis. All was well with the 4DTV and my other DCII box. Tonight I connected one of the outputs to my Coolsat 8000 to see how the 7.5 would do on DVB- HD, S2, etc... well all the V/H polarities are OPPOSITE of the 10ft dish that I usually use for DVB...if a signal calls for V, I have to use H, and vice versa! What gives? The 4DTV works fine with it. :confused: This new LNBF has been confusing to say the least! It's also opposite of the BSC-421 that it replaced on this dish.:confused: Help??

Turn it 90 degrees. Seems like a universal issue with those lnb's . My Ck-1 is the same way.
:)
Those markings on it shouldn't be there. I thought about turning it, but I had it that way before, and the 4DTV got nothing......Iceberg said to turn it 90 degrees, and the 4D and my DSR 4200 started working fine....strange, isn't it.

skew of GeoSatPro C2 LNBF:

I thought we'd recently discussed the matter, but when I went looking, it was a bear to find. :cool:
I posted a link at the end of the thread, showing BSC-621 and GeoSatPro Ck-1 orientation, as well.

And as I recall, you always tell the 4D that the voltage-controlled LNBF is rotated 90°.
At least from all my reading of the forum.
Apparently, the 4D boxes don't agree with the FTA DVB receivers for some reason.

Perhaps one of our old time users can explain the inconsistency.

And as I recall, you always tell the 4D that the voltage-controlled LNBF is rotated 90°.
At least from all my reading of the forum.
Apparently, the 4D boxes don't agree with the FTA DVB receivers for some reason.
I seem to remember something like that too, but my DSR 4200V is also on this LNBF, tuned to a vertical transponder, and it's correct, and as far as I know it doesn't have the "rotated 90" in it's menu..... this must be why I've been keeping my DVB, and DCII stuff on separate C-band dishes, -they don't seem to play well together! :rolleyes:

all of my C2 units have to be turned 90 degrees and my 8000, 5000, Visionsat and Viacast are all connected to the 3 C2's and the polarity is right

Havent tried the 4DTV mainly because...well......there is nothing 4DTV on 99...maybe 121

You have to change the settings in the 4DTV to be rotated 90 degrees and set the C2 with the zero at the 9:00 position when the dish is facing true south.

The settings in the 4DTV have been there since it came out and meant to be set that way when using an LNBF.

If you want the Coolsat to work properly, that is how it must be set.

The 4DTV will work properly too with the correct setting.

work around:

I don't know much about 4DTV receivers, and even less about the Commercial versions.
However, IF you cannot get the commercial receiver to swap input voltages (rotate 90º) like the 4D, then here is a work around.

It requires:
- two 2x4 multiswitches (which you may be using anyway).
- two power inserters with capacitive coupling, as described in this thread
- source of 13 volts and 18 volts

I'm providing the idea, but not explaining it.
It's not for the beginner.
Source of voltage and how it works are up to the reader.

LNB to be rotated is on the left;
LNB signals to FTA DVB receivers at the bottom;
LNB signals to Commercial or 4DTV receivers at the right . . .
Code:
[FONT=Fixedsys]....
      ______                         _____
     |      |                       |     |
     |      |-----------+--)|----V--|     |
     |      |           |           |     |---- to 4D
V----|      |           |           |     |
     | 2x4  |--------+-----)|----H--|     |
     |      |        |  |           |     |
     |      |        |  §           |     |---- to 4D
     |      |-----+  |  §           | 2x4 |
     |      |     |  §  §           |     |
H----|      |     |  §  §           |     | 
     |      |---+ |  §  |        
     |      |   | |  §  |
     |______|   | |  |  V
                | |  |  18 v Horiz
                | |  V
                | | 13v Vert
                | V
                |
                V to DVB FTA
....[/FONT]

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)