C31 Freezing

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Neutron

Founding Supporter
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 7, 2003
Texas
I've noticed our C31 clients freezing up every so often. It's usually only for a few seconds. I have tried doing a reset which does not fix it.

Is this a known issue?

So there's no fix or workaround for this other than wait for the software? This gets quite annoying trying to watch something and it freezes up for a few seconds before it resumes. Now I wish I had gotten a basic HD receiver instead of the clients.

So there's no fix or workaround for this other than wait for the software? This gets quite annoying trying to watch something and it freezes up for a few seconds before it resumes. Now I wish I had gotten a basic HD receiver instead of the clients.
Where and how did they hook up you pi?
I have not had any freezing a friend did and change the [FONT=arial, sans-serif]uPnP to disabled and it when away we did reboot everything after each change[/FONT]

The C31s are connected via the SWM as well as the HR34. The cabling coming in from the LNB to where the HR34 is goes into a splitter where it's connected to a black DECA-2 adapter which is connected to the power adapter on the other side and the other out port on the splitter goes to the HR34.

I tried connecting the CCK-W over the weekend via the instructions it came with and had numerous connectivity issues but will try this evening with what I've been told here.

You lost me there, perhaps a photo or something, there should be no DECA in that setup. Is it just a splitter with the PI on one side, if so that isn't necessary, the PI can go directly between the receiver and the LNB/Switch/Splitter.

Your best solution if you can do it is to avoid the wireless and just plug ethernet into the HR34, it will then give internet to everything. If you need wireless, you can go that route too, the WCCK comes with hookup diagrams.

Having the same problem here. I read about a red button reset, so I tried that when I got home today. Working good so far, but we'll see how long it lasts. Reset the HR34 with the red button, then let it come back up fully. Next reset each client one at a time with the red button.

This is what is on the opposite side of my living room.

image-97529335.jpg

Is that DECA being used as a wired cinema connection kit? That is an ok way to connect your SWM network to your router if that is what it is hooked to.

If that DECA is connected to a receiver than the setup is wrong since you don't have any old receivers.

If you go to a wireless kit you'd remove all that, but if it is working I wouldn't change it.
Can you get on demand stuff?

If that setup is for internet, I would go back to thinking your HR34 problems are software related still. The latest CE's have been more stable, may want to try one on Friday night.

It is being used as a cinema connection kit. It is connected to a wireless router turned bridge which is on its last leg. I figure the cck-w would be more stable.

I do get the on demand stuff though now.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts