C41W-500 Flash download

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Justin Roylance

Original poster
Jun 8, 2016
USA
I'd like to know if there's a way to force the software download on the wireless genie minis. I'm connecting them to the HR54-200 via the WVBR0-25. When they first come on, the channel doesn't come through, and I haven't found a way to force the software update. Ideas or tricks?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys mobile app

No, there's no way to do this, and even if there were it would almost certainly not solve the problem. Post back and describe the problem in more detail, what happens when, what messages do you see, and what do you mean by "channel does not come through"

Seeing the clients are dependant on the Genie itself, I think the Genie is upgradable software wise and IF they were gonna change software on the clients, it would go thru the Genie.

Doing a new customer installation, after activating all the equipment, sometimes the minis (both wired and wireless) have to do a software download before the channels start working. Until it updates, the channels just stays blank (black or gray). This is AFTER adding the minis with the PIN, programming the remote, and setting screen resolution.

Genie software is 0xba9. Before the update, the software on the minis is 0x785. After the download, the software is 0x861.

So far the only way I've gotten to the "A software download is about to start" screen is by waiting... I'd like to know if there's a way to force the download without just twiddling my thumbs.

There is currently a known issue with clients right after being activated that's causing them to display the banner and no programming. A software download will correct the issue (if that's the problem). I've seen them take up to about 30 minutes before they download

I guess I'll just need to be patient, which is somewhat difficult when I have 5 new install appointments every day. Thanks.

Restarting the genie after pairing ALL clients seems to speed this up some. Or maybe it was my imagination

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

I've told techs to not download software until after they're done with the activation process and are viewing content on all clients, then reset the server and download software. Stops the issue from happening

software download usually happens right after you take the genie out of the PIN screen. like, ~1-2 min. usually.

Status
Please reply by conversation.