C61K dropping out

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jailbird

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jun 11, 2004
I have a HR54 (on Ethernet [2xGigabit]) and a C61K (also on Ethernet [2xGigabit] with a DECA adapter between them) and this setup has been rock solid ever since I put it in many months ago.

I got the new UI update a few days ago and things have been going fine except for the lag on the main menu. However ever since I got home tonight, while watching live TV on the C61K, about every 30seconds-5minutes it'll completely drop out, go to the 'Connecting...' screen, and then reconnect within about 2-3 seconds. I've BRB'd the HR54 & the C61K, and even rebooted the Ethernet switches just for good measure. Still no luck. Is anybody seeing anything else similar since the update?

We had a major power outage and a follow-up surge a couple of days ago that seems to have fried at least 1 or 2 of my UPSs and even killed my FiOS ONT, so I guess it's possible that there was damage to either the HR54 or C61K that a system test isn't catching. If nobody else is seeing this I guess I'll temporarily have to hook the coax back up in order to have a tech dispatched :(

It could be the coax Feeding that location C6iK -a Quick test would be to lay out a fresh run(temp on the floor) -from the swm splitter to the C61K -if it oes the same thing - then it's most likely the C61K or possible swm Splitter issue.

Strangely, after doing it all night last night, it hasn't done it even once all day today.. very strange!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)