Cabin Service

Zummer

Original poster
Nov 11, 2019
York
Hello,

We’ve had a Direct TV set up at our cabin for years (10-12). It was an old receiver and service was being charged to a house down home. The account was canceled, and the guy doesn’t have Direct TV anymore. One of the other members in the cabin does so we brought his receiver up and installed it but where aren't getting anywhere with service. When we turn the unit it on and go through the set-up. We are getting the error of “Cannot detect SWM”. Below is the current equipment we are using. Can someone please asset me to let me know what to do or buy to get a signal for TV?

Receiver = HR24-500

SMW = P121R1-03

Dish = 18” Direct TV (KTI)

LMB = 150517

Wrong setup
That P121R1-03 is a power inserter not an SWM
HR24-500 was on a SWM before.
No SWM needed for 18 in dish. No power inserted needed either.
Run guided setup and select Dish -> 18 in round
Multiswitch -> none

Note that in the near future +/- 1 year all SD service is going away and the 18 in dish/LNB will no longer work.
Eventually will need a SlimLine dish with appropriate LNB

Doctor j

Reactions: Athlon646464
Wrong setup
That P121R1-03 is a power inserter not an SWM
HR24-500 was on a SWM before.
No SWM needed for 18 in dish. No power inserted needed either.
Run guided setup and select Dish -> 18 in round
Multiswitch -> none

Note that in the near future +/- 1 year all SD service is going away and the 18 in dish/LNB will no longer work.
Eventually will need a SlimLine dish with appropriate LNB

Doctor j

Thank you... I'll be heading back up next week and see if i can get this working. I'll start looking into a SL3 or SL5.

Thank you... I'll be heading back up next week and see if i can get this working. I'll start looking into a SL3 or SL5.
Don't bother with the sl5, the satellite it uses won't be in service much longer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)