Cable 1x2 splitter

Status
Please reply by conversation.

pookah

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 12, 2011
USA
Looking to split a line into two as Norsat LNBs only have single output and with dual LNBs on market i have either no signal or on the edge of pixelation. Bought a 2x8 passive switch but there seems to be great amount of signal loss. I understand that any splitter will result in signal loss but are there any good proper splitters that minimize signal loss?

A 2.3-3GHz rated 2x1 splitter would be best. I have been very impressed with the BAMF brand units. They have 3.5dB loss each port and great isolation. Much better than the 10.6-11dB loss on a 2x8!

Remember to keep the voltage at 18Vdc - 21Vdc. LNBs do not perform well (some models not at all) with lower voltages such as a STB's 13Vdc vertical polarity switched voltage.

A 2.3-3GHz rated 2x1 splitter would be best. I have been very impressed with the BAMF brand units. They have 3.5dB loss each port and great isolation. Much better than the 10.6-11dB loss on a 2x8!

Remember to keep the voltage at 18Vdc - 21Vdc. LNBs do not perform well (some models not at all) with lower voltages such as a STB's 13Vdc vertical polarity switched voltage.

Would this be the one?
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-IQc7qfYSJ.../e65db5d98269e5344d554168f6eaa6956734d8b7.jpg

A question with this splitter , would both TVs be able to watch H/V at the same time?

No, splitters cannot separate Horizontal and Vertical polarities fron a single polarity output. Pookah is splitting a LNB, which only outputs a single polarity, H or V depending on the servo probe setting.

Reactions: hank123
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)