Cable Shadowing

Status
Please reply by conversation.

BKP

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 24, 2006
Vacationland, USA
What makes a cable shadow on the picture..

I have this 25' Monster cable that I bought because it's real flexible but, each time I use it it's shadowing imagines on my TV picture.. The picture quality is excellent except for the shadowing, mind you this is on the OTA signals..

The package doesn't say much at all and it doesn't say what type cable it is..

My questions are...

Is this cable still going to shadow with FTA signals..

What do you'd guys recommend for a nice flexible cable..

Thanks, Brent

If this only happens with the cable plugged in, then the cable or whatever it attaches to are feeding signals to the TV. Make sure both cable ends are firmly plugged in and both units are properly grounded. Have fun.

Is it just when you use that one Cable or what?

A block diagram and/or a few more details would help...

This monster cable. Is it a coaxial cable for RF or is it Audio/Video Cable?

If your using a splitter, it sounds like your dealing with RF? Is it just a two-way splitter? Are all the ports properly terminated?

If you're dealing with AV signals, are you using a cable meant to handle video (as opposed to audio)?

Shadowing/ghosting from a cable is do to reflections. There is an impedance bump somewhere that is reflecting the signal. (Similar to taking a picture through a glass window) Could be a bad connector, could be an improperly terminated port, could be the wrong type of cable. You can even get reflections from a cable that has been mashed/pinched, although I don't think it would be as noticeable as the problem you seem to be describing. Try flipping the cable end-for-end and see if the shadowing looks any different (different offset distance). If flipping the cable makes a difference then your cable is defective or has been damaged somehow.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts