Cable signal booster?

ejc

Oct 17, 2008
Hey Guys, I'm new to this board and quite a novice to CATV and SAT..
I bought a Motorola Cable Signal Booster to improve my reception/signal for DTV. I was amazed that worked very well. But I was wondering; can I make the signal stronger by somehow using 2 boosters together? It seems some channel signals are stronger than others.
What do you think? ........Thanks

primestar31

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 15, 2005
Beta Omicron Delta III
Hey Guys, I'm new to this board and quite a novice to CATV and SAT..
I bought a Motorola Cable Signal Booster to improve my reception/signal for DTV. I was amazed that worked very well. But I was wondering; can I make the signal stronger by somehow using 2 boosters together? It seems some channel signals are stronger than others.
What do you think? ........Thanks

YES, but: The NOISE level of the signal/amplifier is the important thing here. Everytime you amplify a signal, you increase the noise that is also amplified. Finding a way to lower the noise, without increasing the signal too much, is more important than a raw high signal level.

In other words, it does no good to amplify to a high signal level, if the noise level goes too high. Also, some receivers can be over driven with too high of a signal level, and then they will just clamp down on it (wasting it), or shutdown all together. Amplifiers work best in a situation where you are splitting the signal to many receivers, or long lines, and such.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)