Cable signal booster?

ejc

Original poster
Oct 17, 2008
Hey Guys, I'm new to this board and quite a novice to CATV and SAT..
I bought a Motorola Cable Signal Booster to improve my reception/signal for DTV. I was amazed that worked very well. But I was wondering; can I make the signal stronger by somehow using 2 boosters together? It seems some channel signals are stronger than others.
What do you think? ........Thanks

Hey Guys, I'm new to this board and quite a novice to CATV and SAT..
I bought a Motorola Cable Signal Booster to improve my reception/signal for DTV. I was amazed that worked very well. But I was wondering; can I make the signal stronger by somehow using 2 boosters together? It seems some channel signals are stronger than others.
What do you think? ........Thanks

YES, but: The NOISE level of the signal/amplifier is the important thing here. Everytime you amplify a signal, you increase the noise that is also amplified. Finding a way to lower the noise, without increasing the signal too much, is more important than a raw high signal level.

In other words, it does no good to amplify to a high signal level, if the noise level goes too high. Also, some receivers can be over driven with too high of a signal level, and then they will just clamp down on it (wasting it), or shutdown all together. Amplifiers work best in a situation where you are splitting the signal to many receivers, or long lines, and such.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)