Cablevision for sale???

I do not think they would sell unless someones "blows up their mind". Dolans had said that they will not sell unless someone is willing to pay their asking price (well above what Wall Street number). I believe he said that the price will be well above 20 billion dollars.

Sean Mota said:
I do not think they would sell unless someones "blows up their mind". Dolans had said that they will not sell unless someone is willing to pay their asking price (well above what Wall Street number). I believe he said that the price will be well above 20 billion dollars.

i was actually kind of shocked by that statement "If someone can come in and beat what you do ... you have to take that offer very seriously" by james. you never know sean, if someone offers him say 15billion plus he gets to keep the entertainment properties(msg, rcm, and the sports teams) he me do it. Also if you think of what adelphia got for their system, even though they have/had more subs they were also in bankruptcy. Cablevision on the other had has more the 50% digital penetration, of 75% of broadband users in their territory take them and the telephone is rapidly expanding now that they can port over existing telephone numbers. I cant wait to see the numbers on the ov for this quarter, should be impressive.

Cable Vision is Dead, They just cant see it.

Cablevision i/o in New york and Time warner, has stepped on the mighty giant's toe. by entering into VOIP market. They have lost the argument to defend the picture segment of it's market against the Bell's. While Cable companies tout the supieor speed of cable compared toe Bell's DSL offering. and bundeling Phone services along with media resulting in an erosion of the Bell's customer base. Most cable companies simply do not have the funding for the Bell's responce.

While the Cable companies advertise, and Gloat. The Bell's are installing Fiber optic infrastructure which will provide 100 times greater download speeds when compared to cable, with loads of bandwith to provide perfect high definition media signals with no degradtion as now present when it rains or snows with both satalite and cable.

I say I/O if they have any sence should sell take the profits and run.

The broblem for verizon (at least in NJ) the towns have been paid off by cable co's and given $$ and access channels Verizon does not want to do this and is fighting it in court..my town is wired but for now only the Modem/router..i would not switch untill they have TV and then whoever has the most HD wins my $$$

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)