Cablevision goes HD crazy!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
LOL great news for NY people. Im happy for you! But it is funny how everytime these companies add more HD, half the channels are always pay channels. So really they are only adding like 10-15 channels.

Must not be a very popular channel? I can do without!

Well, I don't know what you're basing the first part of your statement on, but my claim is that it is a very popular channel that CV, for some reason, refuses to carry. In fact, it's hard to find a cable/satellite provider that doesn't carry it. As for "doing without", well, I can do without at least 50% of the channels they DO carry. Doesn't mean CV shouldn't have them.

While I won't switch to CV unless and until they do carry BBCA and RFD-TV I'm certain relatively few people are in that boat so the chances of Dolan changing his mind are slim. Too bad, he could have already had my +$100/month for quite a few years if CV had those two channels. :) Makes no difference to me, among D*, E* and FIOS (coming soon) I have plenty of alternatives that do satisfy my needs.

Well, I don't know what you're basing the first part of your statement on, but my claim is that it is a very popular channel that CV, for some reason, refuses to carry. In fact, it's hard to find a cable/satellite provider that doesn't carry it.
if more people called in or went to their website to request it im sure they would add it eventually however more people call in for more religious programming, espnu or nfl network then bbca

LOL great news for NY people. Im happy for you! But it is funny how everytime these companies add more HD, half the channels are always pay channels. So really they are only adding like 10-15 channels.

They know where their bread is buttered!

how many more non premium channels are in hd that they do not have?

Live Well HD?

Are we still getting Live Well HD which will launch on channel 729 on the 27th of this month?, and what we be on that channel, anyone knows?

Off the top of my head, HD Net Movies, HDNet, MGM HD, Smithsonian HD & WGN HD. I am sure there are a few others as well. The ones I listed FIOS carries, so the competition still has an up, but Cablevision is moving their butts finally.

Off the top of my head, HD Net Movies, HDNet, MGM HD, Smithsonian HD & WGN HD. I am sure there are a few others as well. The ones I listed FIOS carries, so the competition still has an up, but Cablevision is moving their butts finally.

none that you mentioned are deal breakers
last week i would have been content with the addition of AE HD and Hist HD
so i am pleased

Just a few.

Fox Business, ABC Family, Slueth HD, Cartoon Network, RFD HD, Lifetime, Lifetime Movies, Chiller HD, BET J, Disney, Disney XD, HDNet, HDNet Movies, MGM HD, Smithsonian, Sundance, TV One, Wealth TV, WGN America

Fuel TV, ESPNews, ESPNU, Big Ten Network, NFL Net, CBS College Sports, GameHD, Team HD, Tennis Channel, World Fishing Network, MavTV

Fashion TV, Pets.tv, Recipe.tv, Si TV, Comedy.tv, ES.tv, Cars.tv, Jewelry TV, Home Shopping Net

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1058081

Last edited:
Just a few.

Fox Business, ABC Family, Slueth HD, Cartoon Network, RFD HD, Lifetime, Lifetime Movies, Chiller HD, BET J, Disney, Disney XD, HDNet, HDNet Movies, MGM HD, Smithsonian, Sundance, TV One, Wealth TV, WGN America

Fuel TV, ESPNews, ESPNU, Big Ten Network, NFL Net, CBS College Sports, GameHD, Team HD, Tennis Channel, World Fishing Network, MavTV

Fashion TV, Pets.tv, Recipe.tv, Si TV, Comedy.tv, ES.tv, Cars.tv, Jewelry TV, Home Shopping Net

Official AVS National HD Channel Lineups - Cable/DBS/Fiber/IPTV - Updated 4/16/09! - AVS Forum

Saw you post this on Cable Rant as Mike09.

Nice list, too bad a lot of those channels are not live yet!

Saw you post this on Cable Rant as Mike09.

Nice list, too bad a lot of those channels are not live yet!

I just saw the same thing and for the life of me I couldn't figure out why I'm listed as Mike09, then it dawned on me that I only posted it once, HERE. Someone stole my thunder. I post on all the boards under mws192 and my name isn't Mike. :)

Sorry if the list isn't accurate, but I only listed the channels that the AVS chart says that someone carries now, not the one's listed as future launch. If they're incorrectly listed in the graph or I copied it wrong then so be it, mistakes happen. I'm just trying to help out.

Can anyone confirm they went live in the Bronx this morning?

Last edited:
So nice to get the week started with great news. Now shut up FIOS, Cablevision has 100 HD channels. But thanks for the competition to give them the push.

Cablevision Hits 100 HD Channels - 2009-04-20 14:23:46 | Multichannel News

The 14 HD channels included with Cablevision's digital-cable package are: A&E HD, BET HD, E! HD, History Channel HD, Bio HD, Crime & Investigation HD, G4 HD, Palladia HD, Planet Green HD, Style HD, Outdoor Channel HD, NBA TV HD, QVC HD and Live Well HD.

The 17 premium services are: HBO West HD, HBO2 West HD, HBO Signature West HD, HBO Family West HD, Showtime Extreme HD, Showtime West HD, Showtime Too West HD, Showtime Showcase West HD, Thriller Max HD, W Max HD, 5 Star Max HD, Cinemax West HD, Starz West HD, Starz Comedy HD, TMC XTRA HD, TMC West HD, and TMC XTRA West HD.

CV Press Release: Free HD Is In Bloom This Spring For Optimum Customers

if more people called in or went to their website to request it im sure they would add it eventually however more people call in for more religious programming, espnu or nfl network then bbca

CV keeps a count of channels people call in to request and you have access to those numbers?

There was a Newday poll a while back asking what new channels people wanted and BBCA won in a landslide. That info would certainly be of the same nature as "calling in" or going to CV's website. Given the garbage CV (and other providers) carry I find it hard to believe BBCA is not on because of lack of popularity.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts