vassho

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 1, 2008
I have a Calamp cenrterline feed with the scaler ring it has only two rings
then i have the Chaparral Corotar with the regular scale ring
What would be the best one to use as they both are C/ku
The Calamp they say is designed for improved rejection of TI

The Calamp is Vintage as the Corotor i have also is the first chapparral made so its vintage also.
Both are in excellent condition and wanting to set up another 7 1/2 perfect 10 with my 12 footer and 6 footer, just something to tinker with this coming winter.

I guess many would call this over kill, but i like to experiment as i have 90 acres and just playing with a couple acres for the dish farm.

Has anyone ever used a centerline feed? and if so whats your experience with them ?
Thanks

SOUTHEASTERN OHIO-JANEIL DARK STAR 12 FT ,7 1/2 PERFECT 10 6 FT PERFECT 10 ,3 DSR 922 COOLSAT 6000 PRIVATE, VIEWSAT ULTRA ,EXTREME MAGNUM 3300, GOLD STAR , PLUS MANY MORE AND A DIY FTA 80 GIG DVR, A BIG HOBBY THAT KEEPS GROWING

getting answers

I don't know anything about the Calamp, but if you'll post some nice pictures of it, I'll wager you'll find people with plenty to say about it.

Now, as to the vintage Chaparral corotor...
... shot some pictures, and get a couple of good ones looking down the throat.
Then, I guarantee one resident expert will have something to say about it !

And of course, the LNBs matter, so shoot all you have, and I'm sure someone will offer good advice on which is best.

PS: there was a 6' Perfect 10 dish? No kidding!

Thanks I will do that as soon as my daughter brings my camera back
The lnbs I have plenty of new c and ku . The feeds i am curious about

I was surprised also when a Gentleman sold me the 6 ft perfect 10 new in box for $50
as he once had a sat shop and retired from it so he sold me alot of equipment dirt cheap

I thought the perfect 10 was a 7.5 but it turned out to be a 6 and its a gray powder color not black . its a sweet little dish
Thanks again

I installed some of the Centerline feeds (same as ADL) back in the 80's & 90's, mainly in high TI areas. The feed worked well, although it was a little heavy and bulky compared to the Chaparral. I had to do a cut out on the feed cover base plates with these to allow for the position of the Ku LNB. Also, it seems the servo motors on these didn't last too long.

I've been running a Chaparral Corotor for 15 years and it still works well. I just sent in the instruction booklet and it is posted in the Manuals section here. I've also sent in a scan of the cardboard template which includes instructions on how to print the scan and make your own template. It hasn't been posted yet though.

I have a new chap corotor II and it performs super great.
The only feed horn that I have got slightly better results from is my Chap Ortho dual C dual KU feedhorn.

I appreciate all the replies
The Centerline feed i have is a dual as a corortor the strange thing about this is the ku LNB sits offset on the back of the scaler which is designed as a offset but its a primefocus feed, Its a well designed unit and I guess it was made to compete with the Corotor.

The scaler ring is part of the unit itself so one can not adjust scaler ring on the feed horn
Its really not to heavy but it is heavier then most.

Thanks again
I should get some photos out Tuesday when my daughter comes home with the camera

I may have to do something with the cover plate but it looks as it may just be a bit tight, or i may be able to install a small wave guard to extended the LNB further back which would allow enough room for the cover to fit right

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)