Called today, install scheduled for tomorrow :) (2 Hoppers, 1 Joey)...great CSR!

sclaws

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Aurora, IL
Thats pretty much it...painless order and CSR sounded pretty knowledgable. $100 per Hopper as expected, and verified duo-node included with the install. He also reiterated that the Hoppers won't talk to each other until the software update rolls out, but I'll have all the hardware in-place.

Feels good taking a day off--even better getting new toys with it :)

I just upgraded as well. Talked to Michelle and she was great. I was slightly worried when she asked how many TVs I had and I said 1. She headed off and talked to someone for a minute then came back and we did the upgrade. Painless process that took about 15 minutes. 99.00 upgrade fee and installer will be here tomorrow 3/16 between 8 and 12.

-Todd

Awesome!! I'm going the two hopper one joey route too, which will give me two more tuners than I have now. This will really help me by reducing the recording shuffle I do now, especially during prime time.

Just went through chat to switch out my 722 and 625 with a Hopper and 3 Joeys. This is getting done tomorrow morning. :D

You've been a member for 5 yrs & the h/j was the only thing to get you excited enough to post about. :D You will have to let us know how it goes & not wait another 5 yrs for your next post. :)

I ordered my 2 Hopper/ 2 Joey system this morning via online chat and it also went smooth. Funny thing is I didn't think I was going to do it. I usually call for things like that, but I just had a couple of questions and ended up pulling the trigger. I'm replacing a 922 and two 722s.

Just called dish and seem to be clueless. Had to bump to supervisor and original person trying to charge me $199 for second hopper and am 5 star customer. Both the supervisor and the the other person saying can't have 2 hoppers and one Joey must have 2 joeys. Also would not let me have sling adaptor to replace my 922 sling. This person states that all hoppers have built in sling like the 922. Is this true or or they just misinformed?

I tried to set up an appointment this morning for a new install via the web. Originally ordered 2 Hoppers and 3 Joeys with Sling and the Everything package. After talking with the Mrs. decided to drop one of the Joeys.

And that was when the problems started.

Called Dish and the first CSR changed it to 1 Hopper and 2 Joeys. AND dropped the Sling Adapter AND dropped the programming back to A250, so I lost the 3 month credit for premiums.

Second CSR was able to add back the second Hopper, but the programming is still wrong and still no credit for the premiums or Sling.

I'll try the DIRT guys next, I guess.

It shouldn't be this difficult...

I got my 2 Hoppers and 1 Joey coming tomorrow am, I was told the install was for pm, also it would be 2 Hoppers and one Joey, work order shows am install for 2 Hoppers and 2 Joeys. I talked to retailer and he said no prob., just won't install or activate second Joey.
Dan

That's probably what I should have done -- just waited and talked to the installer, but I didn't want the installer to have to lug out additional hardware if he didn't have to.

Thats pretty much it...painless order and CSR sounded pretty knowledgable. $100 per Hopper as expected, and verified duo-node included with the install. He also reiterated that the Hoppers won't talk to each other until the software update rolls out, but I'll have all the hardware in-place.

Feels good taking a day off--even better getting new toys with it :)

Hmm, interesting...DIRT told me that they can't do this set up. They said every hopper had to have at least 1 joey. Let us know if they will actually install this for you.

Hmm, interesting...DIRT told me that they can't do this set up. They said every hopper had to have at least 1 joey. Let us know if they will actually install this for you.

I was told the same thing over the phone and by DIRT. Zach is checking to see what can be done. Hope to hear back soon...

I just upgraded as well. Talked to Michelle and she was great. I was slightly worried when she asked how many TVs I had and I said 1. She headed off and talked to someone for a minute then came back and we did the upgrade. Painless process that took about 15 minutes. 99.00 upgrade fee and installer will be here tomorrow 3/16 between 8 and 12.

-Todd

so, are you getting 1 hopper and zero joeys?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)