Caller ID

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

skyking49

Original poster
Sep 17, 2008
Until recently my caller id was working fine. Sometimes I would have to turn it off and then back on but it would work. Now when I click on it nothing happens. It will not open up to give me any options. I have never had this problem. I cannot turn it on or off or check any calls. The calls do NOT show up on my TV now either. I thought of resetting the whole thing but I do not want to lose stuff I have. Any suggestions? If it comes to it I will bite the bullet and reset it all. I love that feature. Anything that keeps me from having to get up.:confused:

Until recently my caller id was working fine. Sometimes I would have to turn it off and then back on but it would work. Now when I click on it nothing happens. It will not open up to give me any options. I have never had this problem. I cannot turn it on or off or check any calls. The calls do NOT show up on my TV now either. I thought of resetting the whole thing but I do not want to lose stuff I have. Any suggestions? If it comes to it I will bite the bullet and reset it all. I love that feature. Anything that keeps me from having to get up.:confused:

A reset is likely the best way to correct this issue (unfortunately.) You should not lose anything by doing so, however. Before doing so, you may want to plug a phone into the line to confirm it's OK. HTH.:cool:

The ID thing is a bug that seems to have cures with specific models. What model receiver are you using?

One cure you may not like but it is reported you can delete a few calls and the ID feature will begin to work. Another was to verify that the dish was grounded. The reset would be the first thing to check.....AND many receivers have been damaged by pulses that came in through the phone line.........you would know about that...it is pretty rare and the lightning hit has to be close.Keep asking the same question.

Joe

The handset for my cordless phone has Caller ID, so I don't have to get up either. :D

Me too!,
Best stroy, as an installer= Completed the installation and was showing how t work the eq. When I got to the Caller ID......this little old lady...she mentioned more that eighty years old...asked,

" How do I turn that off...I can stop it if I wants?...I don't want my mens gettin onto my other mens.....you see what I means?"

I showed her the on and off deal for caller ID and she whipped out her cell phone so I could explain all to her daughter.

Screwing around with satellite installation was a financial disaster. But the memories of truckin around with my son before he hit the road for college and the visits with local folk were..........almost ..........worth it.

DTV needs to treat installers as if they were the only contact customers (their customers) have with DTV. The dishonest lying rotten bastard model is not working.

Joe

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)