CAMC errors, DirecTV System Failure Update

Status
Please reply by conversation.
*sigh*

Every day, 50% of my calls are invalid transfers. 75% of those invalid transfers come from Mainbank.

The earthquake thing was just something going around amongst the supervisors in my center.

Who knows what is going on. Who cares. The fact is, the systems are pretty messed up right now. They are up and down. Rio 2.3 seems to be working okay, just slower than usual today.

And Ed, on a side note, you might want to start scoping out a new job. Your center's contract expires 2006, and DTV has no intentions of renewing. In fact, they are training people up here to do Mainbank functions to prepare for it.

And please, before you send me anymore PM's, please run a spell check. I seriously could not understand what in the world you were going on about.

Have a great day.

How safe is it to make package changes???

DirecTVTechCSR, are things safe enough to call in and change programming packages? I was giving D* until today (since they tend to add new channels on Tuesdays) to add Starz-HD and/or Cinemax-HD and if they aren't on today I wanted to drop those services until they are. However, I don't want to end up toasting my account because the systems is FUBAR. Thanks - RAD

No luck! :(

I was surprised by a FedEX driver w/ my new access card. You'll never guess what happened when I put it in my R10 -- IT WOULDN'T ACTIVATE. So I waited on hold for OVER AN HOUR! I ended up hanging up and calling 8006959251, and they claimed the systems were "updating." I'm not ammused, but I keep telling myself it's not the CSR's fault.

Whatever you do, cplater, do NOT let the CSR "swap out" the card. Insist on building a new entry for the receiver. Swapping cards just drags all the errors over to the new access card and ruins it, too.

I'm still incredulous at ed implying that a "replacement card" isn't a brand-new card number.

*shakes head*

DirecTVTechCSR, I've stopped looking at who transferred a call . . . . because it just pisses me off. ;)

I will agree with Newshawk about not "swapping out" the card, but rather activate the receiver as a brand-new card. They can release the RID number through some careful finangling.

For everyone who said that DTV should have some backup systems ... oh my lord you're so right. And as soon as the hamsters in Mainbank get their asses in gear and start running on those wheels again ...

"Feh what does Tier two know that Main bank doesn't" I almost spit salad all over my keyboard at this. Let's start at the top. 1) Most instructions say "Mainbank: TRANSFER TO TECHNICAL". There's a reason for that.

--Elf

Newshawk said:
Whatever you do, cplater, do NOT let the CSR "swap out" the card. Insist on building a new entry for the receiver. Swapping cards just drags all the errors over to the new access card and ruins it, too.

Unfortunately, the automated system already did it, and the CSR tried it a 2nd time. I'm going to call back this afternoon and see what happens.

EDIT: Well, I finally got someone who was able to help. He mentioned that he had been given a procedure for fixing the situation, which included removing all of the boxes, and re-adding them. It sounds like the CSRs are finally getting the info needed to fix this problem. I'll be calling tomorrow to find out about my showtime and no service credits.

Elf said:

"Feh what does Tier two know that Main bank doesn't" I almost spit salad all over my keyboard at this. Let's start at the top. 1) Most instructions say "Mainbank: TRANSFER TO TECHNICAL". There's a reason for that.

--Elf

LMAO!!!

So true, so true!

You wouldnt believe how many times I have to explain to customers how the idiot they talked to last time was in fact not a technical agent, and they really didn't need to reformat their tivo's hard drive, when a simple resend would have sufficed.

Always, always, always, when you call for technical assistance, be sure to ask if you have the technical department. For some reason, Mainbank (BILLING DEPT) thinks they are technical support and go ahead trying to troubleshoot problems, when they have no technical training whatsoever. These are the people who send out new access cards because the reciever is searching for satellite....

*shakes head*

Anyway.

I'm still very annoyed with our systems. Up and down all night. Even Rio. Guess I will be doing more overtime once everything is up again processing downtime forms. Hey, at least my check should be good the next few weeks.

I realize how frustrating this is for customers affected as well, and I have been doing my best to compensate people for these problems. Free services for awhile for some, really good deals on DVRS (try free), and all the free showtime I can get out. I really want to get my hands on these systems myself and fix the damned things.

OH and now we have to deal with the Hughes GAEBOA issue... they are all resetting themselves, over, and over, and over again. No ETA on when this will stop. I've just been replacing most of these, because its easier than trying to explain whats going on, and it may be awhile, to just send them a new one for free and hope its a different model that isn't full of bugs.

*Sigh*

What a night.

And I was getting transfers that were supposed to go to CRG throughout the night. I'm guessing CRG backs into T2 when the overflow. Lots of folks must be wanting to cancel right now. I can't blame them. CRG calls are great though. Here, have some free stuff. Free services. Massive discounts. One year commitment. I got about 15 of these calls tonight. All of them decided to stay with DTV. I'm pretty good at shining apples. I need a raise. ;).

ANyways. Enough ranting.

Anyone still having problems with the 711/721 issue, send me a PM.

and I have been doing my best to compensate people for these problems. Free services for awhile for some, really good deals on DVRS (try free), and all the free showtime I can get out

Here, have some free stuff. Free services. Massive discounts.

My whole system done bursted into flames! In fact both my dishes are still smoldering. What do I get ?

Seriously though. As I understand it most issues seem to do with new activations?

Just asking because my receivers sometimes when changing the channel it takes awhile to show the pic or I get a satellite search error. If I juump around some more it just shows up then. It did not used to do that.

Sounds like you might have a loose cable somewhere.

Yeah the problem with the camc is with receivers that were activated during the period of time when they were doing the original pegasus migrations.

A searching, or slow loading problem would not be related to this issue. Its going to be somewhere on your end, either loose cable, or bad cable, bad connection etc... also certain models can act that way (older ones) but if it is just starting to happen it is most likely just a connection problem somewhere.

They aren't old. It's my Tivo & D10's. In fact it seems to happen most often if I switch from a local channel to say Espn or etc. Is that normal? I have the two dish setup for locals.

OH and now we have to deal with the Hughes GAEBOA issue... they are all resetting themselves, over, and over, and over again. No ETA on when this will stop. I've just been replacing most of these, because its easier than trying to explain whats going on, and it may be awhile, to just send them a new one for free and hope its a different model that isn't full of bugs.

*Sigh*

What's the issue with the Hughes GAEBOA? Mine has been going crazy and then resetting itself since Monday night. It's my bedroom receiver so I haven't bothered to look at what's wrong since I only use it to watch Fox News while brushing my teeth. I have had the receiver for about 2 years now and I haven't made any changes to my hardware in about a year. Is this something I should chalk up the the problems over at D* or should I investigate? I would love to complain and get a discount DVR.

It's my contention that a donkey tripped over the T1 line in Bangalore India, taking out the system.

I could be wrong.. ;)

Jesus, you mean I was right the whole time? I called 4 or 5 'walkers' over to inform them that any changes made around the time frame of 01-05 through 01-07 had been lost in what seemed to me like a backup copy of the camc database. Two of them told me flat out no, that's not it. The rest actually did go check it out and were told No, the system is still just going up and down. (At that point I was forced to show them I was having no issues with gaining access to these accounts) I actually had two supervisors agree with me that it made perfect sense (the conversion process leading to the rollback). Yet not once was anything announced to the CSR's on the floor. I ended up arguing with quite a few "main bank morons" because they had heard something else. Sorry... I know this is all completely irrelevant but i've been needing to rant to someone other than my ride home every night.. before she kills me.

I understand how you feel rancid. and with no real fix in sight yet, things will probably be getting worse before they get better.

This is an absolute nightmare for just about everyone. I just hope its fixed before the price increase =)

h0m3rs1mps0n said:
I understand how you feel rancid. and with no real fix in sight yet, things will probably be getting worse before they get better.

This is an absolute nightmare for just about everyone. I just hope its fixed before the price increase =)

"PRICE INCREASE"?????

I'm glad I didn't work OT today. At least I can come in on my day off and do Rio 2.3 training. WHOOPEEE!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts