Camper Pre-wired

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

dcavaiani

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 2, 2009
WI
New camper is pre-wired for satellite. From my dish it connects into the outside of the camper. I have the Directv box set in the front room and get the signal on that TV. Other than splitting/running a cable from that Directv box over to the TV in the bedroom, OR buying another Directv box, is there ANY other way to get the Satellite signal in the bedroom too?

Answer depends on 1) What Dish/LNB you are using (how many connectors on LNB, SWM??), 2) What wiring inside RV is already in place ( the connection from outside is one wire , splitters ? etc) and 3) what are you willing to do to run wire (Coax, HDMI) inside RV?

Doctor j

Answer depends on 1) What Dish/LNB you are using (how many connectors on LNB, SWM??), 2) What wiring inside RV is already in place ( the connection from outside is one wire , splitters ? etc) and 3) what are you willing to do to run wire (Coax, HDMI) inside RV?

Doctor j
Ok,
I'm a different person with similar issue and more specific info.

My brother has D* (I have E*).
He has an rv mounted VuQube.
LNB has 1 connector.
Single 1-foot rg6 to 'regular old cable splitter'.
Rg6 to each of 2 D* recievers (D12-100).

He is able to get each of the D12s to get signal and tuner different channels.
Ocassionally, one or the other of the D12s will lose signal.

He purchased an EagleAspen DTV3x4 minimax multiswitch.
We cannot find an installation diagram for connecting 1-connector lnb to the multiswitch.
Multiswitch has 2-SAT inputs (1-18VSAT, 1-13VSAT).
Will this switch only work with 2 lnb connectors?
Will it work with splittering the single lnb connector to each of the multiswitch inputs?

Sent from my GT-P5113 using the SatelliteGuys app!

If it's a vuqube 1000 as far as I know it will only drive a single receiver. The splitter won't work properly and neither will the multiswitch.
DirecTV uses the voltage on the line to select different sets of transponders (odd/even). If you put two receivers on the same line they will fight each other for control of the LNB. Multiswitch has the same issue, it needs two separate lines to the LNB to work correctly. No switching or splitting will solve this problem.
the newer vuqubes have two connectors and so can drive two receivers, or more using a multiswitch.

If it's a vuqube 1000 as far as I know it will only drive a single receiver. The splitter won't work properly and neither will the multiswitch.
DirecTV uses the voltage on the line to select different sets of transponders (odd/even). If you put two receivers on the same line they will fight each other for control of the LNB. Multiswitch has the same issue, it needs two separate lines to the LNB to work correctly. No switching or splitting will solve this problem.
the newer vuqubes have two connectors and so can drive two receivers, or more using a multiswitch.
Can he replace the single out lnb with a dual out lnb?
I see dual-out lnbs available for $10-$20,
they say for 18inch round D* dish.
the dish inside the vuqube is smaller than 18 inches but is round.
Is diameter a problem for the lnb?

Sent from my SM-G930P using the SatelliteGuys app!

Most of the RVs have lines running back to a connection that supplies power of some sort, mainly for the OTA antenna, when I set up our rig for the RV, I had to locate that (usually up by the front room TV), and disconnect the portion going to the wiring I needed to set up the D* equipment.

A previous RV I set up, I ran my own lines to where the Tv/receivers were to be located. This way avoiding all of the pre wired stuff all together.

What dish is the OP using ?
One your setting up outside or one mounted on the rig, installed from the factory ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)