can 2 receivers be used to drive a motor?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mr3p

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 1, 2010
West
I'd like to connect two receivers to a motorized dish and just wondering how to best wire this. I understand they obviously can't be moving the dish at the same time but is there a way to do this so both receivers can have motor access without screwing up, frying a receiver or the motor?

I'd like to connect two receivers to a motorized dish and just wondering how to best wire this. I understand they obviously can't be moving the dish at the same time but is there a way to do this so both receivers can have motor access without screwing up, frying a receiver or the motor?
That's the million dollar question and an excellent question indeed. There are several solutions posted on this site if you do a comprehensive search. I have experimented a lot with this and have found there is no "free lunch" here.

I been doing this for about seven months. I have had no problems develop or motor issues. I put an "A" "B" coax switch inline between the two receivers. Each receiver in different inputs on my tv. The only rule I have followed,which I don't know if it is important, is I always shut the receiver down on the same satellite. I just think doing that keeps from screwing up the motor's table. Works for me.

i have wired a second receiver into the "loop out" or "loop through" port of the first receiver, both receivers control the motor very well, just gotta make sure you never turn them both on at the same time.

If you have exclusively dual output LNBFs you could run an identical set of cables, switches, etc with one important difference, without the motor.

That way one receiver controls the motor, the other could get anything off the currently pointed satellite.

As I understand it, if you turn both receivers on at the same time, the one on the loop out port won't control the motor and will only get the LNBF polarity selected by the first receiver.

I have my two Visionsats looped together, and the slaved receiver can control the motorized dish through the master. The slaved receiver will not work if the master receiver main power switch is off.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)