Can 811 still be sold and activated by buyer???

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bub

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Nov 18, 2003
Does anybody know, for a fact, that DN will NOT allow the old HD receivers to be activated for new (to them) buyers???

I read one thing here in the forums and hear a different story from DN Corp. offices. They are assuring me that I will still be able to sell my 811 and the buyer will be able to activate it for all non-MPEG4 HD content, no problems.

Does anybody know for sure?

Thanks,
George -bub

People have been saying that if the Reciever is not mpeg4, you cannot sign up for any of the HD packages. You would still be able to get all the SD channels, and the OTA HD, but not the HD packs.

Wrong, talked to CSR yesterday, you will get the HD without the new channels, ie still get 16 HD channels. And if you become persistent they can give you just the HD channels without Bronze or other packages.

Call Dish and check, tell them people with 211s do this. The rep fished me out a 211 account as an example, showing the customer only had HD without package. Prices are finalizing, but she said that it will be signif less than the 44 for the HD Bronzie package.

CSR is WRONG. (what else is new)

They will not activate HD channels unless you have a MPEG4 receiver. They can activate a 211 receiver with HD because it IS a MPEG4 receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)