can a Ku band lnb be attached to a c band feedhorn?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

drhydro

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 19, 2004
Well folks it looks as if i will not have my new c/ku corotor till after christmas (which means installation after the snow melts, sometime in june :( ) What i am wondering is if it possible to remove the c band lnba and downblock converter from my current c band feedhorn and attach a ku band lnb in its place? Will it work? Or will i have to wait till I can get a c/ ku corotor to recieve Ku band?
Thanks in advance, you people are great :)

A C-band lnb is a different size than a Ku lnb.

So the answer is, you'll have to wait.

You can just creatively strap a Ku LNB at the focal point of the dish and it should work. All that matters is that enough of the signal is reflected off the dish and into the LNB, however it's attached. Just as long as it's in the right spot and at the right physical orientation relative to the dish and the satellite.

should i take off the c band lnba and attach it there? wnere that lnba is attached should be the focal point of the dish, correct? i know i can get it to stick there somehow ;-) also, i have an 18" d*rct tv dual lnb and dish, either of em any use? i see where you have mentioned what you can get fta off of a d*sh setup, does that apply for a d* tv setup also? thanks again

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)