Can DirectTV service address be Moved?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DSpud

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 23, 2007
Laredo, TX
I am a lifelong Dish Network customer looking to possibly make the switch. However, HD locals are not available in my area. This is a must for me as I can only get one OTA. I currently have my Dish Network service address moved to San Antonio. Is this possible with Direct TV? Even if I have to by distant locals (is that even possible?) I will make the switch. Just curious if anyone has any insite on this. My zip is 78045 in the Laredo, TX market.

I am a lifelong Dish Network customer looking to possibly make the switch. However, HD locals are not available in my area. This is a must for me as I can only get one OTA. I currently have my Dish Network service address moved to San Antonio. Is this possible with Direct TV? Even if I have to by distant locals (is that even possible?) I will make the switch. Just curious if anyone has any insite on this. My zip is 78045 in the Laredo, TX market.

You should have no problem getting the hd locals from San Antonio.

Thats what I do now with Dish. I just want to make sure before I pull the trigger. Once I have it installed, how hard is it with Direct to "move" service? Are the San Antonio Locals on a spotbeam like Dish's are? I am trying to view "TheList" and the sat coverage maps but it doesn't seem to have locals listed at all. Not sure if I am just missing them or what.

all HD markets are on spotbeam on D*

moving is a snap...been there done that twice with D* and I've been with them a little over 6 months ;)

Iceberg, do you know what sat/spotbeam the San Antonio or any other HDs are on, and where I can find a coverage map? I am new to Direct, and I jsut can't find the info on here.

Well, My directv was installed today. Most professional installation i have ever had....dish is peaked very well it seams. Most transponders on every satellite are in the high 90's or 100. Very Very impressed with the HR24 so far, actually responds better than my 722 ever did.

Iceburg - I have 100 on both of those transponders. (I assume 103(s) for spotbeams?)

Well, My directv was installed today. Most professional installation i have ever had....dish is peaked very well it seams. Most transponders on every satellite are in the high 90's or 100. Very Very impressed with the HR24 so far, actually responds better than my 722 ever did.

Iceburg - I have 100 on both of those transponders. (I assume 103(s) for spotbeams?)

So, have you "packed your bags" yet? ;)

I'm a 10 + year Dish subscriber and live north of Dallas and moved with dish to Dallas. I had DirecTV installed yesterday. Too early to move to Dallas with Direct???

I have Dish and do a lot of camping and tailgating but I'm thinking about moving to Direct. One drawback I perceive is learning the whole setup all over again.

Where can I get a list of the satellite listings and spotbeams? Thanks.

So, If I moved to NY would I then get the corresponding RSNs also? I suppose they are spot beams.

The rsns are on CONUS beams so that they are available for the national packages like Extra Innings, Center Ice, etc.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)