System Upgrade Questions

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mikemcq02

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 13, 2006
First of all, thanks to everyone for sharing information, this definately helps someone like me with minimum knowledge.

I have a scheduled appointment next week to upgade my whole set-up.

Here is what I have per my order work form:

1. A Whole-Home Upgrade and CCK

2. Direct TV HD swap

3. Direct TV Standard Receiver swap

4. Direct TV HD - DVR (Offer) Direct TV Plus HD DVR (Incl)

5. Direct TV Slimline Dish

Before I have the installer over next week, what do I need to make sure he does so my Whole Home works?? I have heard about making sure the DVR's and HD Receivers have a DECA unit in them, is that correct??

What about this Internet Connection Kit for the Cinema Connection? What does that "CCK" stand for on my Whole - Home Upgrade?

My goal is to have my 3 HD tv's rolling with 2 DVR's and the Whole Home DVR capabilities.

I hope all this makes sense. I understand that when you have the installer there, you want to make sure you have everything done and on the work order.

Thanks in advance!!!

I think most of the mrv installs are using the 24 series boxes which have the DECAs built in, if he brings other models he will have the external DECAs. CCK stands for Cinema Connection Kit.

What is special for the Cinema stuff ?
Am I missing something here ?

Is this related to the Whole Home stuff that I also don't have ? Dont really need in my situation.

The tech will bring everything needed to get Whole-Home up and running, but keep in mind that standard receivers are NOT Whole-Home capable. The reason your standard receiver is being swapped out is because you have an older type that does not work with the SWM Dish type. The D12 you will be getting (3. Direct TV Standard Receiver swap) will work with the new dish but you will not be able to watch your recorded shows from it.

The Cinema Connection Kit (CCK) means that the tech will also connect your whole-home setup to your High-Speed internet connection so that you can access CinemaPlus and download some shows to your receiver through your internet connection.

Thanks for the info guys! I understand everything and it looks like I am good to go now. Looking forward to the install on Thursday. Thanks agian!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)