Can Dish erase shows?

sundaddy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 7, 2008
I watch Conspiracy Theory with Jesse Ventura, and I've heard of some friends who have recorded some of these episodes have had them erased, but the other shows on their DVR's intact. (they weren't Dish customers, but almost every other provider) Can they actually go in and delete shows at will? Man, talk about conspiracy!

I watch Conspiracy Theory with Jesse Ventura, and I've heard of some friends who have recorded some of these episodes have had them erased, but the other shows on their DVR's intact. (they weren't Dish customers, but almost every other provider) Can they actually go in and delete shows at will? Man, talk about conspiracy!

They could but haven't yet. Now on E* there is a limit to the amt that can be stored on the HDD to 20 unprotected episodes. Anymore than that will auto delete.

It's ANOTHER conspiracy theory to redirect probable pilot error.

They could but haven't yet. Now on E* there is a limit to the amt that can be stored on the HDD to 20 unprotected episodes. Anymore than that will auto delete.

Where did you get that? I'm positive that is not true, as I just checked and I have 22 episodes of the 2010 world series of poker, 34 episodes of Parenthood and 43 episodes of Judge Judy (don't ask).

PS - none of the above are protected as I've never protected any programs on any E* DVR I have had.

I think you might have your default set at keep 20 instead of keep All?

Sure, if it runs out of space it deletes the oldest unprotected program, but that is true for every DVR that I'm aware of. Most people would rather the receiver record new stuff and delete old stuff rather than just stopping recording.

Where did you get that? I'm positive that is not true, as I just checked and I have 22 episodes of the 2010 world series of poker, 34 episodes of Parenthood and 43 episodes of Judge Judy (don't ask).
Actually watchel1 is correct about the new default episode limit when you create a new timer. When I discovered that was happening, I had to go back into each and every (new) timer and correct it. Sucks, but that's the new default behavior.

Actually watchel1 is correct about the new default episode limit when you create a new timer. When I discovered that was happening, I had to go back into each and every (new) timer and correct it. Sucks, but that's the new default behavior.

Thanks, I'm pretty sure that was part of one of the new updates we got.

Well a default vs the receiver doing that no matter what if very different. I have changed the default set as keep all on my 922 and that is what it is for all new timers. I just checked my 722k and my 622 and both still have the defalt as "#" which means keep all and I did not go through my timers list and change any of them.

While Dish may have this power available for shows outside of PPV, this is the first time I have seen anyone mention it here.

My solution is to move episodes to my EHD if I start getting near the 20 episode limit. The 20 only applies to the internal HD.

The episode in question was are particularly disturbing one. Council of governors, 5 emergency sectors in the US, Fusion centers, FEMA detention centers next to railroads, US gov't purchasing bulk caskets that are designed to hold 4 cadavers each,... If any of it were true, then DHS would have great interest in disposing of the evidence. Adds a lot of fuel to the fire.

That episode should be required viewing for all US citizens. Watch it and draw your own conclusion.

It is the only episode you can not watch on the "Conspiracy Theory" website: http://www.trutv.com/shows/conspiracy_theory/episodes/index.html

While Dish may have this power available for shows outside of PPV, this is the first time I have seen anyone mention it here.
He didn't say it happened, he asked if Dish can do it. It happened to friends of his apparently and there's at least one reference to this on the 'net.

The episode in question was are particularly disturbing one. Council of governors, 5 emergency sectors in the US, Fusion centers, FEMA detention centers next to railroads, US gov't purchasing bulk caskets that are designed to hold 4 cadavers each,... If any of it were true, then DHS would have great interest in disposing of the evidence. Adds a lot of fuel to the fire.
Is Michael Moore the director ?

A show about conspiracy's mysteriously gets deleted from DVR's?

It's a conspiracy. LOL

Honestly, do you think that maybe the producers of the show embed something in the show that makes it disappear so that everyone will think there is some truth to it and in return, it boosts their ratings?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts