Canceled Dish in November/Got a bill today

sasserfolk

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 15, 2009
Georgia
I canceled my Dish service in November and got a bill today for $32.10. I has two entries for "Receiver Return" at $15.00 ea plus tax of $2.10. Why would they bill me for returning their equipment?? :mad:

I canceled my Dish service in November and got a bill today for $32.10. I has two entries for "Receiver Return" at $15.00 ea plus tax of $2.10. Why would they bill me for returning their equipment?? :mad:

You used their return boxes and labels that they sent you. Those cost 15 each to return the equipment. They don't pay for return shipping of a customer that has dropped them.

Only time! I meant when returning the 3 DVR's that died on me over the years.

But the other 3 times you were still a customer exchanging defective equipment. This time you are sending it back. When I left in Oct, Dish was very up front about the fees and that I had the option to return them myself (which would have cost at least as much as the tags they sent me). Of course you could also have opted to keep the equipment and pay the retail price of it. ;)

But the other 3 times you were still a customer exchanging defective equipment. This time you are sending it back. When I left in Oct, Dish was very up front about the fees and that I had the option to return them myself (which would have cost at least as much as the tags they sent me). Of course you could also have opted to keep the equipment and pay the retail price of it. ;)

There was no mention of a charge to return the equipment. They just said "we will send you the boxes and ups labels to send the equipment back". This just leaves a bad taste with me about dish.

There was no mention of a charge to return the equipment. They just said "we will send you the boxes and ups labels to send the equipment back". This just leaves a bad taste with me about dish.

Yup, it is the final F U from dish for leaving them.
They really have you bent too because either you pay or they will send you to collections.

Honestly, I think they shoot themselves in the foot with this in the long run as what many customers might come back after 2 years.
Instead they piss them off and customers won't return.

Good news, Direct does not charge for returning equipment.

Another thing with Dish, if you have their protection plan, service calls are $15
With Direct, if you have the protection plan, they are free.

And don't let all those Dish apologists fool you. This is a NEW policy that Dish started sometime last year. Previously you DID NOT have to pay the return fee.

When I canceled Dish back in OCT they never mentioned anything about a return fee for their equiptment... Got a phone call from them informing me that they had got both RCVRS back that if at anytime I ever wanted to return to Dish that I was a good customer in good standing and thanked me and that was it... When I got the call I was like here we go, but it was quite oppisite... CC

When I canceled Dish back in OCT they never mentioned anything about a return fee for their equiptment... Got a phone call from them informing me that they had got both RCVRS back that if at anytime I ever wanted to return to Dish that I was a good customer in good standing and thanked me and that was it... When I got the call I was like here we go, but it was quite oppisite... CC

My experience was similar, though they did inform me about the charges to return the equipment if I used their call tags. I had heard the horrors that others have posted here and elsewhere and was bracing for the worst, documenting EVERYTHING, even going to far as to take photos of everything in the boxes before I packed them up. As it turns out, a week or so after I returned the boxes I got confirmation e-mails that they had been received and about a month later I got a bill crediting me for the remainder of my service and charging for the two receivers, clearly stating it was the final bill. There were no threats to turn in to collections, in fact, the only "threat" was that I would not be able to return to Dish in good standing until the balance was paid - almost as if payment was optional (I still paid, though, because it was the right thing to do).

The main reason I left Dish was the lack of MRV. When my current contract is up in 2 years I would consider going back to Dish if they have MRV by then.

My question here: how the hell do they get off thinking they can charge tax on this?

Either way, if this fee is not being disclosed, that's a problem.

My experience was similar, though they did inform me about the charges to return the equipment if I used their call tags. I had heard the horrors that others have posted here and elsewhere and was bracing for the worst, documenting EVERYTHING, even going to far as to take photos of everything in the boxes before I packed them up. As it turns out, a week or so after I returned the boxes I got confirmation e-mails that they had been received and about a month later I got a bill crediting me for the remainder of my service and charging for the two receivers, clearly stating it was the final bill. There were no threats to turn in to collections, in fact, the only "threat" was that I would not be able to return to Dish in good standing until the balance was paid - almost as if payment was optional (I still paid, though, because it was the right thing to do).

The main reason I left Dish was the lack of MRV. When my current contract is up in 2 years I would consider going back to Dish if they have MRV by then.

I don't know I always considered the Dish Network DuoDVRs and Duo receivers have MRV(2 rooms).;):D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)