Can I get to timers list with no signal to receiver?

bfollowell

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 26, 2012
Evansville, IN, USA
I feel pretty silly but, is there any way to get at a timers list on a ViP722 with no signal coming to it?

I got a great intro deal that Dish couldn't beat that'll save me about $700 and switched, at least for the next two years, to DirecTV. They hooked up yesterday, the Dish Network dish is down, and the service has been cancelled. My wife and I were watching few of our stockpiled shows on our Vip722 DVR when it occurred to me that I forgot to check and make certain I was aware of all of our timers before everything was unhooked so that I could set them up on our new Genie. I went from DVR to Schedule, which is where I usually found Timers, but I can't get to Schedule since there is no signal coming to the receiver. Is there another way to get to the Timers list or did I just screw myself?

Thanks to anyone that can confirm either way. Especially great thanks to anyone that may be able to help me find another way to get at my Timers list.

- Byron

If this is similar to when satellite is down and people want to watch stuff off the DVR, if you hit the Settings button, one of the menu items is the recordings list. From there, you should be able to get to the timers, schedule, etc (I think). It hasn't been that long, but I can't remember the steps now !

Thanks but I think that just takes me right back to the same place I was getting stuck. You're saying go to Settings, Recordings. I'm pressing the DVR button on the remote. I'm pretty sure they take you to the exact same place. From there you have to select Schedule, then from there you can select Timers. The problem is that I can't get to Schedule because I don't have a signal. I was hoping there was another route to Timers without going through Recordings, Schedule.

Thanks. Anyone else have any ideas?

- Byron

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)