Why didn't we ditch TWC when we had the chance?

catnap1972

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 26, 2004
Central Pennsylvania
How many Congress Critters and their staffs will be so clueless as to fall for such? Or would even humor their constituents?

Local TV and radio and that new fangled Internet thingy. NOAA radios are probably best.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

LOL.
Fine, if they can get the gov't to do their dirty work, then maybe the gov't should require them to change their name from TWC to TOWC (The Obama Weather Channel).
And during tornado outbreaks, we can hear Jim Cantore say " ... and looking at the Obama Doppler radar, you can see this hook echo ....".
Not to mention "Your Obama Weather on the 8's".

During our recent bad winter weather, we turned to our trusty regional NWS office (website, weather radio broadcasts, Facebook page, radar, etc.) and listened to the scanner. I guarantee we were much more informed than if we had turned to TWC - which we did not do at any time.

LOL.
Fine, if they can get the gov't to do their dirty work, then maybe the gov't should require them to change their name from TWC to TOWC (The Obama Weather Channel).
And during tornado outbreaks, we can hear Jim Cantore say " ... and looking at the Obama Doppler radar, you can see this hook echo ....".
Not to mention "Your Obama Weather on the 8's".

let's not get too political with this, this site has a no politics discussion rule and i'm sure Scott would not like that a lot to have to lock a thread due to politics

back on topic, using the Government to get leverage for TWC to stay on DirecTV will not work. everyone should know that TWC only covers the weather 24-7 when it's a major severe weather event these days. at least we have Internet, NOAA Weather Radio, local TV and Radio to warn us of storms and keep us up to date with the weather.

Get rid of TWC, it lost it's focus long ago. I did note that the CEO of the American Red Cross wrote a note to be put on the keeptheweatherchannel site, which I found suprising that an organization would take such a measure. Seems a little out of their scope to be jumping into this fray, the CEO didn't say what was the most helpful, "Highway Thru Hell", "Freaks of Nature" or "Prospectors" - that are apparently so important they assist the Red Cross in their mission...

NOAA Weather Radio is my first choice when I don't have access to electricity. When I have power and Internet, I turn to WeatherNation for localized daily weather information via tablet or Roku 3. I want WEATHER when I tune into a " weather " channel, not reality programming about storm-chasing or bad weather of the past.

LOL! TWC continues to make a complete mockery of themselves!Years ago on cable,it might have been worth watching when weather was an issue,since then it is a complete waste of bandwidth.I would actually feel sorry for anyone trying to get relevant weather info from them.

Last weekend, when we had 13" of snow on its way and pending -17 degrees looming, TWC NEVER EVEN CROSSED MY MIND!

I never watch the weather channel any longer. Too many things other than the weather on it. NBC Universal strikes again with Bullsh!t programing and having that idiot Waking UP with Al, was what did it for me.

I have written Congressman Patrick McHenry alright, and told him people won't be rioting in the streets if "Prospectors" and "Freaks of Nature" are missed in their communities. Was also surprised to see Save The Children and the American Red Cross with comments in support of TWC on the keeptheweatherchannel.com site, looks like organizations such as theirs would steer clear of situations such as this between businesses. I have written their boards too.
Have been amazed in perusing these boards the few days, at the total lack of support TWC has...

People think they need the weather channel, but never actually watch it.

When a storm comes in, I'm watching my local news first.

It all comes down to raising rates, and the weather channel ain't gonna get away with this one.

As long as this new channel reports on the weather, nobody will care that the weather channel is gone.

Only complaints I can see is from a few old people who don't like change.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)