Why didn't we ditch TWC when we had the chance?

accuweather launches new channel in 3rd quarter i wonder if dish would pick this up.

I hope so. I'd like to have all three, but if there's only room for two, goodbye TWC.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Branding:
Weather Nation: the upstart, the enthusiastic mets...
Accuweather: coming soon, Mark Mancuso is over there...
Weather Channel: has been, the HighwayBooBoo network, has warehouse for Cantore's ego...

I hope The Whether or not Channel stays off of DirecTV. Bring on Weather Nation! Dish needs Weather Nation.

I wonder if DTV's call centers were overloaded with people trying to find out if it is cold outside? Seriously I bet there were a lot fewer calls than TWC would like.

last night I love how they said "A million of you called Directv and voiced your concern" then later in the conversation it became "millions" :rolleyes:

last night I love how they said "A million of you called Directv and voiced your concern" then later in the conversation it became "millions" :rolleyes:

Actually it started out with 2 million, then was reduced to A million, then it became millions.. What's funny is I tweeted that the two million number was fake and made up, as there was no way that many people called, otherwise a deal would have been done. A producer from TWC favored my post. I think the hard working folks behind the camera's are just as much pawns in this as we are. It seems like its the execs over at TWC that are driving what's going on the air. I can totally see TV execs over at TWC being PETTY and doing stupid stuff like this, just like how they are implying that if you dont have your channel, you will die due to some major weather event. I dont think DTV's call centers have seen much if any of an influx. I was able to get a CSR right away when I called earlier for a protection plan issue. .

I must admit, I watched a few minutes this morning of The Weather channel, can't remember the last time I watched it, wanted to read some of the crazy comments from supposed fans of TWC but the women on this morning was not a bad sight at all :)

TWC sure does run thru on screen talent.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

What I didn't like about the No Weather Channel besides reality programming, is the stupidity of some of the personalities making retarded comments that has nothing to do with weather, maybe they get bored there, Just report the weather and shut up :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I never watch TWC since my locals are more faster at reporting whats going on plus I have local weather radar on computer, laptop,tablets, my weather radio and police scanner, no need for TWC.

I agree, with the internet at my fingertips I have no need for a weather channel. Even my local station has a 24/7 news and weather station OTA. I also have multiple weather apps on my iPhone that show me everything I need along with following storm trackers on Twitter and Facebook. No weather channel is going to get me any news faster than that.

With the competition out there now to TWC, I don't know how long of a contract Dish signed with TWC - but they would be crazy to sign it again at any premium price. Judging from comments on this and the DirectTV page, most people hate it anymore. Even on TWC Facebook page folks were being critical - the few that came out in support are in a minority. Dish, don't waste your money next time at contract time...

If I am in my home office, I look at the weather on my Mac. If I am in my living room, I look at the weather on my iPad. If I am out and about, I look a the weather on my iPad. If I am in bed, I really don't care about the weather. I never watch The Weather Channel, ever....

TWC should show the movie Sharknado. That is a very relevant movie. It was the made for Syfy channel movie that ended my watching movies on SyfY, the same as I have quit watching TWC in hopes of sooner or later getting a weather report.

Alright, now Dish can brag about being the exclusive Sat provider of The Weather Channel. :D

Or in other news, thousands of Directv subscribers needlessly killed in huge snowstorm. Only if they had The Weather Channel.
TWC should show the movie Sharknado. That is a very relevant movie. It was the made for Syfy channel movie that ended my watching movies on SyfY, the same as I have quit watching TWC in hopes of sooner or later getting a weather report.
Naw... too much of a weather connection to show it.

Branding:
Weather Nation: the upstart, the enthusiastic mets...
Accuweather: coming soon, Mark Mancuso is over there...
Weather Channel: has been, the HighwayBooBoo network, has warehouse for Cantore's ego...

you also forgot about Al Roker's Ego and the newly added Sam Champion's ego's too.

only good thing about The Weather Channel these days is Dr. Greg Forbes.

edit to avoid double posting: The Weather Channel was wall to wall with no reality shows on Sunday and Monday leading up to the DirecTV contract expiring. and it clearly wasn't for a severe weather event. they did it as a stunt to get DirecTV customers to demand them to keep it. but it clearly didn't work anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)