Why didn't we ditch TWC when we had the chance?

I had wrote a note back to the American Red Cross telling them their year ago testimonial still looked like an endorsement of the current issue with TWC. Today, I got this response:
This has been removed from their webpage. Thank you for letting us know. American Red Cross Public Inquiry

Dish is missing what the customers want. Hope Dish and the DIRT members read these posts
1-When is Dish going to add the Weather nation channel? I just watched it online. It is really good.
2-What about adding the coming soon Accuweather channel?
3-How about a weatherscan local weather channel with live Radar and temp
Dish has the bandwidth for this if they do it in low res SD
And
Put it on the same spot beams they use today for my prime time

Last edited:
accuweather launches new channel in 3rd quarter i wonder if dish would pick this up.
And this one is launching in October

New Network Weather Coverage Planned

A new family oriented network weather channel with famed meteorologists bringing weather and entertainment
ATLANTA, Aug. 19, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- It was announced today that Network Weather, a new 24-hour weather station, will launch October 2014, appearing nationally via cable television and broadband Internet providers.

The Network Weather team has recruited veteran meteorologist Dave Schwartz whose experience at The Weather Channel totals more than 25 years. Viewers who watched him during that period know that Dave is passionate about his profession. "What fires me up is the drama of weather. Both writing and speaking about my wonder and passion for this truly awesome field is something I just love to do," says Schwartz. Network Weather's segments will be designed for what viewers want--live, weather-centered programming.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/new-network-weather-coverage-planned-220165381.html

And this one is launching in October

New Network Weather Coverage Planned

A new family oriented network weather channel with famed meteorologists bringing weather and entertainment
ATLANTA, Aug. 19, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- It was announced today that Network Weather, a new 24-hour weather station, will launch October 2014, appearing nationally via cable television and broadband Internet providers.

The Network Weather team has recruited veteran meteorologist Dave Schwartz whose experience at The Weather Channel totals more than 25 years. Viewers who watched him during that period know that Dave is passionate about his profession. "What fires me up is the drama of weather. Both writing and speaking about my wonder and passion for this truly awesome field is something I just love to do," says Schwartz. Network Weather's segments will be designed for what viewers want--live, weather-centered programming.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/new-network-weather-coverage-planned-220165381.html

Good grief! How many weather channels can exist at once? TWC has had viewership collapse as the internet takes over, what are all these other channels going to do?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)