can i hook a security camera to my vip722?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

2001kx

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 12, 2008
can i hook a security camera to my vip722?
i would like to be able to view it in pip but dont know if its even possible...not looking to record from it...just view.

if so how do i do it...thanks.

ANd there very expensive. Ebay has 1 for sale right now for $1,675 dollars. I was looking at putting the thermostat temp in the corner of my tv while i watch tv, you can see the temp of the house inside an outside. What you would have to do is create a spider and the machine to create the ticker like espn or cbs does is very very expensive. your tv if it has picture in picture can do the thing ur asking thou, why not let your TV do the picture in picture to see the camereas and dish at the same time?

ANd there very expensive. Ebay has 1 for sale right now for $1,675 dollars. I was looking at putting the thermostat temp in the corner of my tv while i watch tv, you can see the temp of the house inside an outside. What you would have to do is create a spider and the machine to create the ticker like espn or cbs does is very very expensive. your tv if it has picture in picture can do the thing ur asking thou, why not let your TV do the picture in picture to see the camereas and dish at the same time?

i would like to use just my tv but dont know how?

i have this tv

http://www.buy.com/prod/mitsubishi-wd-73737-73-projection-tv-73-dlp-16-9-1920-x-1080-hdtv/q/listingid/58150655/loc/111/211162764.html

i have 1 standard rca input (input3) that im running my pc into my tv via s-video.
the s-video and rca are both on input 3.

Ok you can not use this tv to do PIP soo that wont work. Only option is to switch between ur tv and ur computer inputs when it is time to see ur camera's.

i would like to use just my tv but dont know how?
All three component inputs appear to support composite video on the green input. This TV would appear to have no S-VHS inputs nor S-VHS outputs at all.

I think you would benefit mightily from a thorough reading of the manual. If you've thrown away the one that came with it, you can get a PDF version from the mitsubishi-tv.com website.

I'm not absolutely sure about the 722, but I have my security cameras hooked up to the TV Antenna Input on my 522 receivers. You'll probably need a modulator to convert the composite signal to RF Channel 3 or 4, but they aren't that expensive. ( I have my cameras first going to a security DVR which outputs a modulated signal that I feed to the 522's)
It works great, when the receiver is off, you can see the security cameras.

thanks for the advice everyone.
i think im going to see if a vga to composite or vga to hdmi will work with my pc to get it off of input 3 on my tv so i can use rca on that input with my security system.
the pc hooked to my tv is an older media center so i dont know if the adapter will work but for a few bucks i can check.
thanks again.

No NTSC

I'm not absolutely sure about the 722, but I have my security cameras hooked up to the TV Antenna Input on my 522 receivers. You'll probably need a modulator to convert the composite signal to RF Channel 3 or 4, but they aren't that expensive. ( I have my cameras first going to a security DVR which outputs a modulated signal that I feed to the 522's)
It works great, when the receiver is off, you can see the security cameras.
VIP's won't do NTSC so the RF channel 3 /4 mod won't work. It can only be an ATSC signal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts