Can I turn off the new remote mode pop-up (when the user selects TV/VCR/Aux) on L446?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

gc3jeff

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 2, 2007
Don't know why this message covers the screen. It makes an assumption that when I change the input that I don't want to view the screen.

Any help would be great, I ran through the preferences menu and couldn't find anything. This enhancement should be optional.

Someone on these forums told me the trick ...

... cover the remotes IR led's with your hand when changing modes! I haven't actually tried it though, I've been playing with replacement remotes recently (but boy, that Dish 722 remote is nicely laid out compared to other remotes, isn't it?!)

Kind of stupid that we have to do the hand trick, but I guess Dish wants to let us all know - "If you're not controlling a piece of Dish hardware, well, you SHOULD be!" Stupid Dish.

Covering the IR LED's DOES work on my 722 with L447. I thought they got rid of L446 because of audio problems with OTA. :confused: It sure caused 'em for me.

Ed

Yeah, I just pulled out my 722 remote and tried that hand cover trick. Worked fine. Now I just need to remember to do that when I switch modes, if I use the Dish remote.

BEWARE that the TV2 remote is UHF so covering the IR wont work you'll get the popup when using.

Yep that works... I think I'll log this with Dish Tech Support too. What's next do I have to grab some tin foil and a hanger for OTA to keep it's signal strength from dropping out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)