Can it be Done???

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

IntelPennny4

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 28, 2016
USA
im sure this has been asked before but im asking again. i want to use a 10' mesh dish for three birds at the same time. 131w 127w 125w what i want to know can it be done?????? thanks

im sure this has been asked before but im asking again. i want to use a 10' mesh dish for three birds at the same time. 131w 127w 125w what i want to know can it be done?????? thanks

Well, it depends on a lot of stuff. MAYBE, and try it for yourself. Here's a start: C band Mulitfeed LNB holder For 4 C band LNBs | eBay

For that close though, you might have to find a way to duct-tape the lnbfs right next to each other, as tight as you can get them.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
Here's photos of Mama's 10 ft Unimesh Perf set up for 55.5W and 58.0W. (55.5W is center-located) Note this is 2.5 degrees of separation, not 2 degrees. C2-PLL's are jammed up tight with one rotated 180 degrees just to get them close enough. The heat sinks hit otherwise.

I feel certain I could successfully offset another lnbf 2.5 degrees or more on the opposite side if desired. (For 53W)

For 2 degrees of separation, I would probably need to angle the offset lnbf slightly. IDK, never tried it. So for MY DISH to get your desired Sats:
131W - 127W Good
127W - 125W Probably

IIRC: I did loose a slight bit of signal strength, but not enough to cause channel loss. Cutting the scaler on BOTH sides may cause more loss. You won't know until you experiment.

Give it a try. At most you'll ruin a scaler and some time. All 3 lnbf's should fit under one nose cone.

Edit: Remember an offset lnb goes on opposite side of center. ;)

Above.JPG Bottom.JPG

I have seen some people that have actually GROUND the lnbf waveguides metal off flat to a certain extent on one side, and mate/overlap (sometimes tilt) them together even closer to a second one. Think of it this way, sort of like a number eight: 8. If you get to that point, I personally would use the cheapest lnbf's I could find. Once you get it working, then decide if you want to replicate it with better quality/more expensive lnbf's.

10 Degree C Band Dual LNB Bracket, Dual Satellite LNB Bracket, LNBF Holder For Prime Focus Antenna Network Cards Tv Tuner Usb From Lizzyzhou, $15.07| DHgate.Com

10-degree-c-band-dual-lnb-bracket-dual-satellite.jpg

ooo boys i totally forgot about that post im sorry guys grrrrr. thanks for your time and input tho. nice call a33 and thanks for posting my post. i bet you cant tell that i havnt got around to it yet

i guess my concern is does it take away from the main satellite you are on already? i bought a 2 and 4 lnbf bracket and also wanted to know do i set the lnbs at the same focal length??

well i got my brackets today and im going to have to way to try them out bc its -25 below outside and yeah this guy is not digging that lol. plus got a ton of white stuff all over out there hehehe. and i mean snow for the admin that are reading the post bc i got in trouble the last time i talk about the white stuff outside...........

Attachments

• Image.jpg
    Image.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 169
  • Image-1.jpg
    Image-1.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 176

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts