Can it be Done???

IntelPennny4

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 28, 2016
USA
im sure this has been asked before but im asking again. i want to use a 10' mesh dish for three birds at the same time. 131w 127w 125w what i want to know can it be done?????? thanks

im sure this has been asked before but im asking again. i want to use a 10' mesh dish for three birds at the same time. 131w 127w 125w what i want to know can it be done?????? thanks

Well, it depends on a lot of stuff. MAYBE, and try it for yourself. Here's a start: C band Mulitfeed LNB holder For 4 C band LNBs | eBay

For that close though, you might have to find a way to duct-tape the lnbfs right next to each other, as tight as you can get them.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
Here's photos of Mama's 10 ft Unimesh Perf set up for 55.5W and 58.0W. (55.5W is center-located) Note this is 2.5 degrees of separation, not 2 degrees. C2-PLL's are jammed up tight with one rotated 180 degrees just to get them close enough. The heat sinks hit otherwise.

I feel certain I could successfully offset another lnbf 2.5 degrees or more on the opposite side if desired. (For 53W)

For 2 degrees of separation, I would probably need to angle the offset lnbf slightly. IDK, never tried it. So for MY DISH to get your desired Sats:
131W - 127W Good
127W - 125W Probably

IIRC: I did loose a slight bit of signal strength, but not enough to cause channel loss. Cutting the scaler on BOTH sides may cause more loss. You won't know until you experiment.

Give it a try. At most you'll ruin a scaler and some time. All 3 lnbf's should fit under one nose cone.

Edit: Remember an offset lnb goes on opposite side of center. ;)

Above.JPG Bottom.JPG

I have seen some people that have actually GROUND the lnbf waveguides metal off flat to a certain extent on one side, and mate/overlap (sometimes tilt) them together even closer to a second one. Think of it this way, sort of like a number eight: 8. If you get to that point, I personally would use the cheapest lnbf's I could find. Once you get it working, then decide if you want to replicate it with better quality/more expensive lnbf's.

10 Degree C Band Dual LNB Bracket, Dual Satellite LNB Bracket, LNBF Holder For Prime Focus Antenna Network Cards Tv Tuner Usb From Lizzyzhou, $15.07| DHgate.Com

10-degree-c-band-dual-lnb-bracket-dual-satellite.jpg

ooo boys i totally forgot about that post im sorry guys grrrrr. thanks for your time and input tho. nice call a33 and thanks for posting my post. i bet you cant tell that i havnt got around to it yet

i guess my concern is does it take away from the main satellite you are on already? i bought a 2 and 4 lnbf bracket and also wanted to know do i set the lnbs at the same focal length??

well i got my brackets today and im going to have to way to try them out bc its -25 below outside and yeah this guy is not digging that lol. plus got a ton of white stuff all over out there hehehe. and i mean snow for the admin that are reading the post bc i got in trouble the last time i talk about the white stuff outside...........

Attachments

• Image.jpg
    Image.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 170
  • Image-1.jpg
    Image-1.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 177

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)