Can LNBs just crap out?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Sancho

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 20, 2008
I have an HR-21 on my primary tv and a d-11 standard def receiver on my back tv that I rarely use. Today I tried to use the back tv and got the 771 'searching for signal' message. The front tv with the HR-21 is working fine, it is just the back tv with the d-11 that has the no signal message.

The cable to the d-11 has a flat cable on it, and I thought that might be the problem, so I replaced it and checked all of the other fittings, but still have no signal?

Is it possible the LNB just crapped out or might there be a problem with the receiver? I've reset the receiver and still get the message.

What should I do next?

Thanks for any advice.

if the HR box is working then its not the lnb, first step is to check signal, hit menu, then setup, then sys setup, then go to satellite, then view signal strength, the xpndrs that lite up, are the straight 0s? or x 0 x 0 x 0 x 0 etc. as in good number, 0, good num, 0. If you have evens and odds, theres a short in the line and i would recheck your fittings. if you have all 0s then i would trace the cable right up to the lnb. make sure for no cuts or nicks etc. Corroded fittings... post back with more details and we'll try to help out more.

Make sure your checking both rec'rs on the same channels, before thinking it's NOT a LNB ... I agree with what your saying, but it's entirely possible for the LNB to be going bad and have all odd or all even transponder channels to work.

Also, YES, it is possible to "Just Crap Out", but I doubt that, that is your problem.

Verify the D 11 receiver..........take it to the location of the HR21 and connect it to the tv. If it works the problem is somewhere in the fittings, cable or the one LNB port the D 11 is using at its' original location.

Identify which LNB port is serving the D 11............mark it.........move the D 11 to the spare port.

That may get you running. The problem could be in the cable and fittings.

Joe

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts