Can no longer pick up MeTV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Broe67

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 23, 2013
Central IL.
I have reset and ran a new OTA scan on my AM21N. I am not able to find 55.2 MeTV. When I went through the TPN Spreadsheet, It was showing that a lot of areas are no longer carrying MeTV on 55.2. Even when I have addressed messages to our local affiliate, which Sinclair owns, along with the CW 23 ThisTV. The only thing that I can think of, is that Sinclair had to lose MeTV, because of now owning competitive sub-channels.

Sinclair in our area owns 20 (20.1, 20.2, 20.3), 23 (23.1, 23.2), 55 (55.1, 55.2(no longer up).

In order to have 55.2 in IL with an AM21, with the correct METV guide, you must have at one time ran Wausau WI as a secondary zip. Wausau used to carry METV on 55.2 WFXS and the channel was in D* database and by running Wausau as a secondary zip it would have given you the channel in IL. This station discontinued broadcasting a little while ago. You can run another secondary zip to get 55.2 back in IL, but I checked and there is no way to match any zip to get the correct guide. There are a few 55.2's in the database. Try running Houston TX (77001) and check your results.

It worked Coconut10. What do I owe you for the favor? I was getting a little frustrated when I was going through the spreadsheet, because it felt that I was not getting anywhere.

Of course with my Antenna setup. I am picking up the repeaters out of Jacksonville, IL for WAND 17.1/17.2. That is no biggie, since the DVR & AM21 will skip the dup for those channels. I just think that it is funny, because Jacksonville is behind us to the West.

I'm glad it worked for you. Just for curiosity's sake, how many secondary zip codes do you run and what channels are attained by using the secondary zip codes? 20.2 and 20.3 must have been attained using Wausau at some point in time.

Just 62702 (mine), 54501 (Rhinelander/Wausau) & the other you gave me. The thing that sucks, is that 55.2 is breaking up, which has been the case for a long time. I have to keep the CM-7778 Pre-amp on, because of WAND being around 35 miles from our house.

I pulled the Pre-Amp and Splitter/Combiner, the breaking up went away. I am thinking that they have increased the power on the two towers, that I was not able to pick up without the Pre-Amp before.

It is always those darn Zebra's that get you.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts