Can NO longer record any SiriusXM channels

To be honest, I never thought to record SiriusXM Music channels on my Hopper. Those channels act as background when the family is eating dinner, when we have a party, or when I'm working on my dissertation. Seriously, music "on demand" is available through so many mediums. Just a personal view on the topic. I know, I'm in the minority.

No reason to record the regular music, but I have recorded (on the 722) Dave Marsh's "Kick out the Jams" radio show, and the Bob Dylan "Theme Time Radio Show" when they were carrying these. Occasionally is a nice feature....

To be honest, I never thought to record SiriusXM Music channels on my Hopper. Those channels act as background when the family is eating dinner, when we have a party, or when I'm working on my dissertation. Seriously, music "on demand" is available through so many mediums. Just a personal view on the topic. I know, I'm in the minority.

Yeah there may not be much demand for it, but on the other hand, the capability apparently DID exist (I never thought to try it!), so why go out of the way, spending time and money, to remove it?

Yeah there may not be much demand for it, but on the other hand, the capability apparently DID exist (I never thought to try it!), so why go out of the way, spending time and money, to remove it?
IF it did cost them a penny to remove, it was because of their agreement with Sirius.

Last edited:
No reason to record the regular music, but I have recorded (on the 722) Dave Marsh's "Kick out the Jams" radio show, and the Bob Dylan "Theme Time Radio Show" when they were carrying these. Occasionally is a nice feature....
Yeah, I have recorded a few concerts and special broadcasts in the past, but I can live without the ability to do so. As long as we can continue listening to the live audio, I'm ok with it, but I would definitely be unhappy if the SXM channels are ever removed from the Dish lineup.

Reactions: srheug
Would there be anything so useless as to write to Dish requesting that they improve the sound quality of the SiriusXm channels? Straight into the trash can.

Well the XM Satellite has very limited bandwidth compared to what the Dish Satellite can handle. If Dish can carry HD video on its satellite, it can certainly carry decent audio at 256 Kbps. That is nothing compared to what HD Video uses, which I think is around 6 Mbps.

I am listening to SiriusXM right now at very high quality, not listening to it from Dish but because I subscribe to the Sirius online service.

Well the XM Satellite has very limited bandwidth compared to what the Dish Satellite can handle. If Dish can carry HD video on its satellite, it can certainly carry decent audio at 256 Kbps. That is nothing compared to what HD Video uses, which I think is around 6 Mbps.

I am listening to SiriusXM right now at very high quality, not listening to it from Dish but because I subscribe to the Sirius online service.
While the Dish signal could be better, you make it sound like it is 48 KBps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts