Can Sky Angel start using WPA by upgrading the firmware?

WPA Firmware

I was curious if the SA iptv box could use WPA or WPA2 encryption. It seems like many wireless devices still use WEP. For that reason, if I do decide to subscribe to the iptv service, I was planning on running an ethernet cable to the box. I do not trust WEP security since it is hackable.

As far as I know, there should not be any reason why the firmware in the box could not be upgraded to at least WPA with TKIP encryption. The newer WPA2 with AES encryption seems to be more hardware dependent due to the additional processing required for the higher encryption. If the hardware is there then they could update the firmware to handle WPA2 as well.

Note: Another option is a device called a wireless bridge (there is another name for this that escapes me). If you purchase a wireless bridge from the same manufacturer (its possible to have compatibility issues otherwise) as your wireless router or access point then you should be able to use the WPA or WPA2 encryption. The wireless bridge presents a wired ethernet port to your iptv box by handling the connection to your wireless router.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)