new postcar, flyer from skyangel regarding DBS

catkoko

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 26, 2007
I will try and post copies of the new mailing. Meanwhile I called the # 1-877-728-4788

Basically angel 1 , angel 2 and ktv will be available on dish.

they wanted to sign me up for dish family for $24.99. Now either dish family is going up (current price $19.99) or they are trying to get that same $5 out of us lifetimers yet another way.
Are they that desperate for $$$? fist $5 for the "specials" now $5 for three channels?

I posted a transcript the other day that DISH said they would NOT be carrying angel 2 or ktv.

the CS rep karen told me that as per postcard angel 1, 2 and ktv would be available. The "supervisor, mark told me only ANGEL 1! He was very nasty trying to tell me I was wrong, and I then read him the letter. when asked if he was wrong or the letter was, he wouldn't respond. then finally said the letter must be correct. I would have had more repect for him if he apologized fr his error.

I don't know how these people can look themselves in the mirror, never mind plan on seeing the Lord face to face. He repeatedly lied, changed his answers and plain out woudn't answer my questions when asked simple yes/no questions. he would just read me clearly scripted, answers that didn't apply to my question.

he did offer to take a whole $15 off the shipping/activation fee for IPTV since I was a "lifetime member" big deal.................
sc0076533a.jpg

sc0076533a.jpg

sc0074d12f.jpg

sc0076533a.jpg

If they are offering it for 24.99 its very possible they are lumping local channels into it. Family Pack is still 19.99 according to Dish site

Most other packages did jump in price on 2/1

dish told me (see my chat transcript) that they will NOT carry angel 2 or ktv. This may be exclusively from sky angel with some sort of an agreement with dish.

Sky Angel is selling a dish package that dish says is unavailable. Local channels aren't available for me either. thats why I figure its either $5 more for three channels or there will be an increase for the family package. Nothing else seems t make sense :(

dish told me (see my chat transcript) that they will NOT carry angel 2 or ktv. This may be exclusively from sky angel with some sort of an agreement with dish.

Sky Angel is selling a dish package that dish says is unavailable. Local channels aren't available for me either. thats why I figure its either $5 more for three channels or there will be an increase for the family package. Nothing else seems t make sense :(
maybe it will be availble at the end of march

I am wondering if TVU and/or RadioU might also be added to Dish Network or DirecTV. In a recent website update at their fundraising info page UnleashtheMusic // welcome , they have indicated:
We’re ready to start up a new year. We have lots to look forward to – announcements about new RadioU stations and a huge, new audience for TVU coming soon.

My personal guess is that the "huge, new audience for TVU" will be carriage as a Public Interest channel on either Dish or DirecTV. If so, and especially if on Dish, this would certainly soften the blow of the loss of SA* Dominion DBS.

My first thought is that this might technically mean that SA is not actually as dead as we were told, as SA is the DBS service. I suppose this is all speculation at this point but if certain channels are indeed only available by paying Dominion $5 a month then it would stand to reason that lifetime subscribers may have a valid claim that despite a name change the service still exists and thus would still be covered under the lifetime contract.

It's one thing to claim "Hey! We're no longer providing service as a DBS company so all contracts are void." But if they indeed are charging $5 a month to provide a DBS service that would appear to a layman like me to be essentially the same company doing business under an alias.

But what do I know?

According to sky angel this "package" of dish family WITH skyangel can ONLY be ORDERED through SKYANGEL. Yet monthly BILLING will be done by DISH.

It would appear that sky angel is playing word games yet again.

The big question is that IF skyangel channels will indeed still be available via DBS, how do we make sky angel HONOR the lifetime committment. Even if its only 3 channels, its better than receiving nothing.......

We recently moved and I miss watching 3ABN. I am going over and taking down one or both of my sat. dishes off the old house and will hopefully soon have them installed at the new house.
The more I look at it the more I am convinced I can install it myself. I just need to buy some more coax cable, and some bolts.

Kountzer

With the SA statement in the letter with the IPTV offer, ". . . please rest assured that you can still watch all three Sky Angel Channels, Angel One, Angel Two and KTV on Dish Network" it appears that SA is still legally in the DBS business, thus should provide at least these channels to lifetime sponsors.

That is what I attempted to tell the supervisor. All he kept saying repeatedly is "you are wrong" without any intelligent explanation. I asled him to send me a copy of what I signed that allows sky angel to do this. he just referred to the "terms and conditions" mailed YEARLY.

Now I have had reps tell me I was "notified" in my monthky bill, now "yearly mailing". I don't know about anyone else but as a lifetime member I haven't had any mailings or monthly bill in the past 10 years until they started with that "special letter and now IPTV". Only thing I occassionally received was a new smart card from dish!

The original post and attachments are for the IPTV offering, not DBS.

And even if SA is offering a DBS option through Dish for 5 bucks more, why would you do it? Go through Dish directly and save money :)

Read the fine print, both mention contacting them to get angel 1, angel 2 and ktv via dish/dbs.

see the PS from ROb, and the box "I can't get IPTV" on the postcard

Dish however says its "not available". if you call sky angel they say you have to sign up though sky angel.. price $24.99

We recently moved and I miss watching 3ABN. I am going over and taking down one or both of my sat. dishes off the old house and will hopefully soon have them installed at the new house.
The more I look at it the more I am convinced I can install it myself. I just need to buy some more coax cable, and some bolts.

Kountzer

Sky Angel no longer includes 3ABN in their package, but their are 2 and many times 3 or 4 ways depending on where you live to get 3ABN. (1) Dish Network, if you sub to any one of their DishFamily or AT packages. (2) Purchase a 36" fta dish for $179 from 3ABN or Hope and point it to their satellite which includes several SDA channels, 3ABN, 3ABN Latino, Hope, ABN and a couple of others plus GMT, or for $20 more you can upgrade to Glorystar for a 2nd satellite location and many other Christian channels, all without a monthly sub fee. (3) Most Comcast and many other cable tv systems around the country now include 3ABN, usually with their digital tier. (4) Verizon Fios TV includes 3ABN in their line up.

3abn also available

on their own iptv service. its been in business about 1 yr, you do need high speed internet though. see
Media Opportunities

glorystar would be your least expensive way, followed by moiptv

SkyAngel will be out of the DBS business. Even if they become some kind of dealer for DISH, they will not be in the DBS business so us lifetimers will have no claim to the service which is being provided by DISH.

Angel 1 is already on DISH Family. It is channel 262. So the $5 would only get 2 additional channels. KTV is good if one has young children. It might be worth $5/month. Angel 2 certainly isn't worth $5/month, IMO.

I did call and ask for my PI channels some time ago. Maybe that is why I get Angel One. I just assumed it was part of DISH Family. Maybe one has to request the PI channels to get it. I don't know.

Angel One is part of Dish Family but what I'm saying is if you don't have a Dish Package at all (once SA goes dark) you can aim the dish at 119 and get NASA and Angel One. I have a Dish 811 box that I use just for HD over the air channels and get Dish 101, Nasa and Angel One on it. Also, you can get those 3 channels on any free to air box as they are unencrypted

dish family?

I currently use an 18" dish for sky angel. If I were to switch to dish family I would need a larger DISH 500, 20" dish, correct? Would I need a twin or quad lnb if I were to hook it to a 522 or 625 receiver?

Got a new flyer yesterday

I got a new flyer yesterday from Sky Angel that included a bookmark with the Faith and Family Package channels listed on one side and SkyAngel IPTV listed on the other.

How did they know I would be reading more??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts