Can someone scan AMC-3 for me??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ski0001

Original poster
Feb 24, 2008
Hi, guys....first post! Can someone scan AMC-3 for me and let me the new Freq. and SR for MTA International (it's FTA)? It just got changed from Freq: 11736, SR: 6102. Thanks a bunch.

What's the deal about The Tip Channel and The Patient Channel?
I have trouble receiving these channels. Lately, it hasn't been coming in at all.

What's the deal about The Tip Channel and The Patient Channel?
I have trouble receiving these channels. Lately, it hasn't been coming in at all.

Those two channels and Montana PBS are hit or miss in my area too. Once I switch to the other transponders the Quality level jumps up. I'm also fighting a motor problem so my results may not be typical.

One day both of the channels were like it was scrambled, with zagging lines and messed up audio. I wonder if we are fixing to lose these channels from FTA...
All other channels are fine on AMC 3.

My VisionSat is consistently a little low on SR, while my Merc's are consistently 0.1% high on SR. On the Merc 30000 is 30031 , on the Visionsat 30000 is 29984 . Makes it hell when I'm transfering the SR to my Tsreader/skywalker-1 setup , since Tsreader is picky about the correct SR . It wants it entered within maybe +- 2 . Life is really tough on us SatGuys .

:)

Brent

My VisionSat is consistently a little low on SR, while my Merc's are consistently 0.1% high on SR. On the Merc 30000 is 30031 , on the Visionsat 30000 is 29984 . Makes it hell when I'm transfering the SR to my Tsreader/skywalker-1 setup , since Tsreader is picky about the correct SR . It wants it entered within maybe +- 2 . Life is really tough on us SatGuys .

:)

Brent

I figured it was the Skywalker that was picky, not the applicaiton? I've found I can load the twinhan 1020a in Tsreader and lock any sr, low or high but the Skywalker and the skystar 2 are a lot more picky, they won't lock unless the sr is perfect...or close to it. Always seems to be the low srs that are a problem. I find the cards/skywalker work the same in any dvb application I've tried. I wonder if sr sensitivity is driver related or if it has to do with the card itself? I can't lock Montana with the Skywalker on AMC3(just to keep on topic) because of the low sr, but have no problem with the Twinhan. I agree Brent, it is a pain

Try locking the twinhan in Tsreader on a SR that is 5 off of the real Symbol rate. That is the problem I have with my setup. If the HD signal is SR=30000, I can't lock it at 29990 , I have to enter a value closer to the true value of 30000 to get a lock. It's interesting what we learn as we play this game. :)

Brent

Try locking the twinhan in Tsreader on a SR that is 5 off of the real Symbol rate. That is the problem I have with my setup. If the HD signal is SR=30000, I can't lock it at 29990 , I have to enter a value closer to the true value of 30000 to get a lock. It's interesting what we learn as we play this game. :)

Brent

That's a good tip! I will give it a try.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts