Can the receiver signal go through a window?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

briffaman

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 19, 2010
new york
hi for the time being im stuck in an apt where i cant mount a dish anywhere, just wondering if these newer slimline 3 LNB dishes signal can go through a window or some sort of plastic? Im on dishnetwork, no hd, and the signal doesn't go through the window but does a piece of white kinda cheap plexiglass, which i have in place with the window open for year on an old dish 500.

hi for the time being im stuck in an apt where i cant mount a dish anywhere, just wondering if these newer slimline 3 LNB dishes signal can go through a window or some sort of plastic? Im on dishnetwork, no hd, and the signal doesn't go through the window but does a piece of white kinda cheap plexiglass, which i have in place with the window open for year on an old dish 500.

Can it be done ?
Sure, I've done it in temp. situations.

Set up the dish inside and you'll be surprised !

of course you need a clear view of the sky in the right direction and a large enough window ...

well i mean to say is the signal strength stronger than the dishnetworks 500 dish because that dish cannot go through the window

well i mean to say is the signal strength stronger than the dishnetworks 500 dish because that dish cannot go through the window

Alot has to do with the window and a possible screen, if it's a metal screen, remove it if possible.

as for the Dish 500, I can't help you on that one.

Alot has to do with the window and a possible screen, if it's a metal screen, remove it if possible.

as for the Dish 500, I can't help you on that one.

The type of glass is a factor,also. Signals won't pass through some types with enough strength.

I knew that, but was unsure how to describe it.

IIRC, and I might not :eek:, the more lead in the glass the less likely it is that you can get enough signal strength through it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)