Can They Tell Us what RES. each show is in?

kirkdj

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 15, 2004
I wish it was possible through the STB or the PG to tell us what resolution each show is in.....whether it's 420p, 720p, or 1080p or if it's just plain digital SD.......seems like they could flash the lines on the stb or something.

Is there a way to tell what your watching? :confused:

Or it it just the WOW factor that we must look for! :D

on your receiver put it in auto mode.(the red light flashes to let you know)the little button behind the door on the front of the receiver push it until all light flash.this means the receiver is in auto-mode.when you change channel note what light flashes and that is what resoulation mode you are in.the top light is 1080i,second light is 720p,third light is 480p,forth light is 480i.hope this helps .........DIGITAL~DAN

Didn't Work

I tried what you said on both my tv's.....only one is HD......but after putting them both in auto and when I change from hd programs to sd or from hd to hd.......none of the four lines flash while changing channels.

Does everyone's do this? Or are both my stb's not working correctly? :confused:

I can look in my projector's menu and it tells me the resolution it is displaying.

All the SD channels are 480i, the Voom exclusives are 720P, except for HDNews, I think it's 1080i and all other HD is 1080i. If I am wrong, someone will correct me.

DarrellP said:
I can look in my projector's menu and it tells me the resolution it is displaying.

All the SD channels are 480i, the Voom exclusives are 720P, except for HDNews, I think it's 1080i and all other HD is 1080i. If I am wrong, someone will correct me.

Cinema 10, Epics, and Monsters are 720p temporarily until decoder/encoder work is done. Everything else is 1080i unless anything has changed since I last looked.

You're right, Sean, since my pj has been in the shop for 2 weeks, the old brain cells are starting to fade.......Quick, I need a Voom fix.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts