Status
Please reply by conversation.

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
First game of the season is on, While it is on ESPN2 HD, I went to check it out over at NESNHD. Blacked out.... Ok Lets look at the MLBEI channels to see if I can see it there. Guess what there are none! Directv get off of your lazy buts and lets get the ball rolling! Flip the switch allready, The season has offically started! Oh, BTW Go White Sox! Cubs VS. Whitesox World series. Get over it folks Its done! :D

Bob, the freakin game is in Japan and ESPN has the rights to it. What the heck are you looking for? Oh heck never mind, I saw the rest of your post and I now know that I am talking to someone that is certifiable.:p

Two games in Japan that count, then 3 more spring training games back in the US that dont count. If that isn't the dumbest freaking thing I have ever heard, oh, I forgot, Bud Selig is still running things. I love Baseball! I hate that guy!

Cant blame you there. I will tell you all this though. YES is still the best Ballgame channel I get, isn't that still Mpeg2. HD is outstanding on YES, always has been.

That is not the bad thing. The bad thing is that ESPN2 is out. I get a message saying don't call us we are aware this station is temperately unavailable.

YES-HD was MPEG-2 last year for sure because it was also on channel 95 for every game. Probably still is this year I guess, I don't know.

Was anybody else unable to watch the game on ESPN2?

Yep. Or NESN either for that matter. Got the searching for signal message on both. Nice.

First time I've missed the first pitch of a MLB season in quite some time.
Oh well, I just rolled over and went back to sleep. :)

Looks like NESN is back. Hope they show the replay at 2:30 today.

Especially if ESPN2 is still out during its replay at 2 p.m.

okay, all of the rsn's have been mpeg4 since november. and the extra innings schedule is somewhat up. no channels or hd games listed yet but april sked is done.

Two games in Japan that count, then 3 more spring training games back in the US that dont count. If that isn't the dumbest freaking thing I have ever heard, oh, I forgot, Bud Selig is still running things. I love Baseball! I hate that guy!

I'm with you there. As far as I'm concerned, the Sox & A's are playing 160 games this year. I had a hard enough time getting used to having the one "Opening Night" game on Sunday, followed by the REAL Opening Day on Monday.

I was happy to see that the ESPN2 game was actually HD. usually the games international like this are SD only.

I can live with the mpeg2 feed, I was just suprised to even have HD.

Pretty good game, watching it on the DVR in the 7th.

and i can remember when cincy actually had the first game of the new season being the oldest team in professional baseball!

I was happy to see that the ESPN2 game was actually HD. usually the games international like this are SD only.

I can live with the mpeg2 feed, I was just suprised to even have HD.

Pretty good game, watching it on the DVR in the 7th.

It's japan. The inventors of HD. I wasnt too too suprised. I was trying to get it in better quality than what ESPN provides.

Update. Evidently the issue with the broadcast occurred on the SD channels only, which is why I was not able to see it in my office this morning. I recorded the game in HD on my family room DVR and the whole game came in fine.

DIRECTV SD Viewers Miss Red Sox-A's Game
The satcaster apparently suffered an early morning transponder problem.
By
Swanni

Washington, D.C. (March 25, 2008) -- DIRECTV high-def subscribers were able to watch today's 2008 season opening game between the Boston Red Sox and the Oakland Athletics on ESPN 2 or NESN.

But the rest of DIRECTV customers -- those who do not own an HDTV and/or subscribe to the satcaster's HD package -- were shut out apparently because of a faulty transponder that blacked out the game on the two networks' analog channels.

The outage generated scores of complaints from baseball fans on Internet message boards, particularly since they rose early to watch the game at its unusual starting time of 6 a.m. ET.

The early start time was caused by Major League Baseball's decision to hold the opening game in Tokyo.

DIRECTV has yet to respond to an inquiry from TVPredictions.com as to why the two analog channels failed. However, the Associated Press reports that the satcaster refused to say why it happened.

DIRECTV SD Viewers Miss Red Sox-A's Game

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)