Can you get the new HD from DISH?

Do you currently receive the new HD channels from DISH?

• Total voters

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Ok Dish Network is saying that only a "small number" of customers can not get then new HD channels.

Personally I don't believe that as a 61.5/110/119 setup for HD has been in place long before there was even a satellite at 129.

So the question is do you currently get the new HD channels from DISH Network?

Last edited by a moderator:
No.

I have 110/119/61.5 installed by E* in December 2008 here in Florida in an eastern arc DMA. I only had a 722 at the time, yet they wouldn't do a 1000.4 install since I was an existing subscriber. I figured it'd come back to bite me in the butt and it has.

I got all of them yesterday late afternoon, I’ m in sanfransico area… on 119bean.. I don’t have any problems. I have everything pack with 4 722s receivers …
That’s strange u cant get it!

In the Mpls/StPaul region, it was 129 where the locals went so that's what I've had all along so I got the channels. I recall that 61.5 was the orbital location of choice originally when HD was launched by Dish.

Scott - You may want to clarify which channels are the minimum to be expected to be seen. For example, if someone has Absolute they won't see any if all of the new HD even with the correct configuration...

I do believe it's overall a small number. You are correct the 61.5/110/119 setup was used before 129 was even thought about, by far most users of HD have subscribed in the last 2-3 years. In that case, the western arc or more recently sometime the eastern arc was used. Also, many early adopters of HD also frequently make changes to their setup. I have had three different setups to recieve HD since 2004. Dishs plan is obviously to have all customers on WA or EA. This most likely is to maximize their available bandwidth.

I'm getting all the HD except the ones I don't have on my package but I get all of the new ones. Setup Dish 1000 110,119,129 state OK. Sounds like folks that can't get them might call about getting their Dish updated. :)

I'm getting the new channels fine. After swinging my 61.5 dish over to 129. I practiced the night before with a spare dish i had laying around and my pansat. Very easy. So yesterday i climbed up on the roof moved the elevation from 24 to 46, set my 211 to 129 tp 28, and swung the dish to the right and within 10 seconds had a lock. As my wife told me so yelling out the window. :D

I personally think this issue is outrageous. All customers who pay for an HD package the new channels are in, must be able to get them. If there's an equipment issue it has to be fixed by Dish fast and for free, or those who find it outrageous (like myself) may choose to look elsewhere to get their HD from.

No.

I live in Alaska and they need to add them to a spot beam or a CONUS satellite. This will apply to most Dish customers in Alaska.

I and a few others have a six foot dish pointed at 129 and if they would add them to the Alaska HD package we could get them. Right now they show as red in the guide. When they have free previews we can watch them, like CI on 387.

Scott can you ask Dish to put BBCA HD in free preview until they move add it to the Alaska HD package?:D

I didn't answer the poll since none of those apply.

Last edited:
I actually went through my Favorites list and all but 5 or 6 channels are now in HD - AT250. Sorry for those with 61.5...

Yes, I had a install almost a year ago (thanks to Dishstore.net) and have the 1000.4 dish

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts