Can you get the new HD from DISH?

Do you currently receive the new HD channels from DISH?

• Total voters
I do believe it's overall a small number. You are correct the 61.5/110/119 setup was used before 129 was even thought about, by far most users of HD have subscribed in the last 2-3 years. In that case, the western arc or more recently sometime the eastern arc was used. Also, many early adopters of HD also frequently make changes to their setup. I have had three different setups to recieve HD since 2004. Dishs plan is obviously to have all customers on WA or EA. This most likely is to maximize their available bandwidth.

I don't think it is that simple. 129 was up there when I got HD, but I still got a wing dish. Northeast customers never got 129. I think when upgrading some existing customers, some installers prefered to add a wing dish to existing Dish 500's. For others, HD locals were on 61.5. And lastly, some who had internationals used 61.5 for them and HD. There were plenty of reason to keep doing mixed installs even after 129 came on line.

I personally think this issue is outrageous. All customers who pay for an HD package the new channels are in, must be able to get them. If there's an equipment issue it has to be fixed by Dish fast and for free, or those who find it outrageous (like myself) may choose to look elsewhere to get their HD from.

YES!

Got my HD about 2 years ago. Dish set me up with 110 119 and a wing dish for 61.5.

When my locals were uplinked, they were on 129. I called dish and complained, told them I cannot get my locals in HD. They sent an installer to remove my wing dish and give me a one dish install.

They mounted the single dish on my roof to hit the 129. I guess if my locals had not been on the 129, I would still have the 61.5 wing dish.

I live in Northwest Florida. I get all the new HD channels.

You need to add another option to the poll:

NO - I subscribe to a TurboHD HD-only package, and Dish Network continues to mistreat these subs and not fulfill (publicly made) promises from over a year ago.

I got 61.5 although the old 129 was up at the time. I was told South Texas did not get the 129 signal from the old position. That has since changed. I did ask @ time of install (2007 I think) for the 129 setup. I was told it could not be done. If I wanted HD I had to get the 61.5 dish. The new 129 went up about a year in a half later. I would say all of us HD subs in South Texas installed in that time span have the 61.5 setup.

It's a no from me too. I subscribed to Dish in Sept. 2006 and was setup with 61.5/110/119 from the get go. I've got AEP + HD/Platinum. When I upgraded my recievers in April of last year I asked to be moved to Eastern Arc and Dish refused, even though I offered to pay for the switch.

and Hawaii and Puerto Rico too :)

Hopefully the new satellite going up will correct this for all of us not in the lower 48.

Those without a six foot dish are probably missing around 30-40 channels, those with a six foot dish can get the movie channels and the RSNs when they have something on. We're missing the othe channels not on spot beams(BBCA, MGM, Etc).

If they were to get rid of the HD tiers and packages and just had a single HD package for everyone I could get all of the HD today.

I have the old HD-Only package, the promise was we would get all the hd stations as they rolled out. The first thing they did was drop Voom but as the new stations became available we got them, not counting the HD movie channels.
Today I see that I have Indie and Retro but not BBCA.
I am in Alabama and have sats 119, 110, 129

Does anyone else have the HD-Only package and get BBCA

When I checked last evening I quickly found truTV, BBCA and Indie all in HD. All is good from where I watch!

truTV and specifically Forensic Files are preferred viewing for me, so finally getting that channel in HD is great. I'm not sure how much true HD programming they have, but even upconverts are welcome. It was cool watching the FF episode last evening at 11 PM. As it started it appeared with top/bottom bars (exactly the opposite of what I would have expected (?)) but when I checked back it was at full 16 x 9 screen and had great detail! I also watched the other channels I mentioned above briefly. I enjoyed what I saw until I fell asleep. As I said elsewhere - more is better! It will help soften the blow when I open my bill next month...!

I still have LoS issues from 129 but that's been covered elsewhere. I'd welcome a move back to 61.5 (my old D300/LNB are in place but deactivated at present) but only if my HD LiLs were moved there as well and I guess that'll never happen so I'll tough it out with the sometimes-dubious (for me) 129 performance...

Last edited:
I can't get the new HD channels as of yet, although Dish will be installing a third Dish to pick up 129 to feed into my DPP44 Switch. The Installer is scheduled to arrive tomorrow morning.

My major complaint is Dish shutoff my HD channels last night when the work order was created. So I haven't any HD channels from 6:45 EST last night till when ever the Tech calls in the completed work on Friday. What a stupid order system.

John

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)