Can you get the new HD from DISH?

Do you currently receive the new HD channels from DISH?

• Total voters
A lot of people are having better luck than me I have only been with dish for 1 yr and they already change the satellites. The CSRs want me to pay 100 dollars and agree to a 2 yr contract!. And yes Im a Yankee FAN but on my local my network I get a Yankee game a\once a week and that was good enough. Too busy to watch every Yankee game anyways

REpoint your 61.5 dish to 129 and you would get all new programming. If you still need 61.5 sat for Hd locals you could install a second dish for just 61.5. Or just get an eastern arc dish 1000.4 for 77/72.7/61.5.

A lot of people are having better luck than me I have only been with dish for 1 yr and they already change the satellites. The CSRs want me to pay 100 dollars and agree to a 2 yr contract!. And yes Im a Yankee FAN but on my local my network I get a Yankee game a\once a week and that was good enough. Too busy to watch every Yankee game anyways

RE: Your PM..

I was looking around and see Albany SD channels have not migrated to EA yet like many places already have. So your right about needing a view to 110.

I don't see why this can't work. EA plus a wing dish to 110.

RE: Your PM..

I was looking around and see Albany SD channels have not migrated to EA yet like many places already have. So your right about needing a view to 110.

I don't see why this can't work. EA plus a wing dish to 110.

Remember you need all mpeg 4 equipment to use EA. Non mpeg 4 receivers will not work with EA.

Great installation today

DISH technician was very professional and knowledgable!
I live in NH and get locals from Burlington, VT. He said that I could not get 129, but he could get an excellent line of sight to 72.7.
So now I have 61.5, 72.7, 110, and 119. Although I now have 3 dishes, it was a small consolation to be able to keep 110 and 119.
He did put in a new switch and he also had to plug in a power inverter to my 522 because the switch draws more power.
It took about 1.5 hours.
Very satisfied and I am now seeing all the new HD channels.

I can't because my 722 died. I have no idea if I would get them if it was working. I guess I will see when I get the new one in a couple days.

Don't fit the responses

Maybe I'm just gullible, but DISH says no new HD for me nohow, no line of sight to 129 or 72, no Eastern Arc no nuthin. According to DISH I need to be patient until they figure out a solution. So either I'm misinformed or I need another answer on this survey (NO, I can't get new HD even with new equipment).

I live in 13053 zip, outside Ithaca NY.

Chris

Maybe I'm just gullible, but DISH says no new HD for me nohow, no line of sight to 129 or 72, no Eastern Arc no nuthin. According to DISH I need to be patient until they figure out a solution. So either I'm misinformed or I need another answer on this survey (NO, I can't get new HD even with new equipment).

Chris

Unless you have some problem with line of site you should be able to get 72 or Eastern Arc. I don't see locals at least for Ithaca itself but your zipcode show Syracuse HD locals on 61.5 but SD locals on 110. Essentially Eastern ARC with a 110 side dish. I don't think they have made up their minds about how to handle such configuration.

Last edited:
Unless you have some problem with line of site you should be able to get 72 or Eastern Arc. I don't see locals at least for Ithaca itself but your zipcode show Syracuse HD locals on 61.5 but SD locals on 110. Essentially Eastern ARC with a 110 side dish. I don't think they have made up their minds about how to handle such configuration.

This is the same configuration I am faced with. After talking with Dish, they have me in a holding pattern. Here is the latest conversation I had today with Dish regarding installing a EA with a 110 wing. I am between Buffalo and Rochester NY.

Dish:
"Alright, I finally have an answer for you. It seems there is a glitch in the system that is not allowing us to set up the proper work order for you at this time. We are submitting an error report to the proper department to get this fixed. It may take 24-48 hours for it to be resolved and someone from Dish will be calling you once they have it resolved."

Last edited:
I live in Salisbury NC that is just North of Charlotte. I get the new HD channels just fine, what i do not get is the CW. Should this not be included with the local channels?

Chris

funny, I was told I could not get 72.7 in my area....I pointed a Dish @ 72.7 and guess what, I am viewing the HD just fine.

So in other words, I am in the Mpls/St. Paul area (MN) should I be able to get this? I am looking to be a new customer to DISH and was wondering up front so I know what to expect, what they will need to install, etc. Or is it just normal, come out, put up the dish, etc. I plan on only the America 120 plan, with HD, nothing fancy, but I do want locals, in HD
That was my only concern

my conversation with dish

So here is my story....just got off the phone with Dish....got my new bill ...it went up 10.00 but I got 9.00 in credits???
so not to bad....but the bill breaks down like this

Service Date(s) Detailed Activity
Previous Balance $ 124.01
Feb 04 Credit Card Payment -124.01
$ 0.00
Monthly Charges
Mar 01 - Mar 29 GoldHD 10.00
PlatinumHD 10.00
3 Premium Package 31.00
America's Top 250 With Locals 62.99
Duo Receiver 14.00
DVR Service 6.00
$ 133.99
Other Charges and Credits
Feb 07 Receiver Credit 1 of 6 - Adjustment -5.00
Loyalty Credit 1 of 6 - Adjustment -4.00
$ -9.00
Taxes
Feb 15 State/Local Tax (Sales/Gross Receipts) 1.74

so I call and ask why am I being charged for gold HD and Platinum HD and I can not get the 9 new channels ....I had to explain what the new channels were and why I don't get them.... ...she goes away for about 10 minutes and then says for my troubles they will charge me just 10.00 for the combined gold and platinum and will arrange for a new dish on my roof....nothing mentioned about any charges...but I told her I have 4 feet of snow around my house so just change the fees and I will think about the new dish and call back when the yard and roof is clear.......not sure I want to mess with anymore installation...my set up has worked perfect for 3 years and the pictures is great...never lost a signal during the 2 huge snow storms here in the east and both my dishes were snow covered!!!!
so with the 10.00 drop I also dropped HBO Showtime and Starz....I still am getting Cinemax for a penny...so I just saved 40.00 on my bill.
I would like to have some of the new HD but not at the expense of messing up what is working great now....

Just had a pleasant chat with a rep, I do not have DHPP, this seemed way to easy, can't wait to see how the install goes on Saturday. They are giving me a 110/119/129 dish.

(04-03rf) Debbie E. 3KK: You are eligible to receive the HD channels
(04-03rf) Debbie E. 3KK: A tech would need to come out to install the orbit
Dan : what charge is it to me?
(04-03rf) Debbie E. 3KK: No
Dan : no charge at all?
(04-03rf) Debbie E. 3KK: No

Dish adds new HD customers cannot see!

Not sure how many people here have read this article. Seems the issue of Dish adding new HD that cannot be received by many of it's customers has not gone unnoticed.....

News & Commentary
Dish Adds 9 HD Channels -- Sort Of
TVPredictions.com

Washington, D.C. (February 11, 2010) -- Dish Network yesterday added nine new High-Definition channels, but they can only be seen by customers with certain new satellite systems.

The new channels are Tru-TV, Fox Soccer Channel HD, Showtime West HD, Sportsman Channel HD, Hallmark HD, E! HD, BBC America HD, Indieplex HD and Retroplex HD.

However, Dish has placed the new channels on its newest satellites, which means customers must have the Dish 1000 satellite system to receive the signals.

Making things even more complicated, Dish customers in the East must have a Dish 1000.4.

Dish Network has not issued a comment on why the new channels require the new equipment, or if they will be moved later to other satellites so they can be seen by the entire subscriber base.

It's also not clear what percentage of Dish customers can not see the new HD channels.

Swanni's Take:
I'm not sure which is worse: DIRECTV not adding new HD channels or Dish Network adding them, but not allowing many of their customers to see them.

Dish needs to fix this situation -- and soon. If you're going to add nine HD channels, they need to be available to every high-def customer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)