Can you Lock Folders on DVR?

JoeSp

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Oct 11, 2003
I have some adult stuff I would like to be able to lock so that my kids when they come home for XMAS cannot accidently get into. Is there a way to lock a folder with a password so that you are the only one who can access that folder for playback?

set up parental controls to block adult content and by rating and sexual content, its under menue and 5 if I remember correctly, make sure the last thing you do is lock the sytem and your set. Keep in mind though that kids are smarter than we are and they can figure out passwords so it might be better to transfer to vhs or dvd and get it off your dvr. If they kids are coming home for xmas are they adult? If so I wouldnt worry unless its the embarrassment factor that dads still got lead in the pencil. :D

Tell them you want an early Christmas present: an external hard drive.

Get it hooked up and enabled before they arrive and then move this stuff to it for the time being.

Already purchased one on Black Friday at Frye's but the wife says it has to go under the XMAS tree!!

There are others that have the same unit and they had no problems -- I don't expect any.

I don't think you caught the meaning..... Test it, move the movies, then put it back under the tree.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts