Can you recommend an antenna for my OTA

Status
Please reply by conversation.

adamhochman

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 10, 2005
Hello,
Here's my situation: I'm looking for an OTA antenna that will go in my basement, next to my TV (this is a temporary solution til DC gets the locals in HD so I'm not paying a contractor to go on the roof or wire something). I'm not far from the signals (about 5 miles/channel), but I have no windows in my basement. For the record, my zip is 20814 (which i think has something to do with the type of antenna).

I've seen discussions here about OTA antennas but can't find the info. Can you recommend a good antenna? I'd prefer to get it from a Circuit City or Best Buy (they're close to me), but I'll buy one online, assuming their return policy is decent (tried an antenna already from Radio Shack but it didn't work). Any recs are appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Adam

adamhochman,

Your trying to do a temperay solution ?
Do you have an indoor antenna already ? being only 5 miles away should help.
Being in the basement is killing you.
Try running a coax from TV in basement and find a way to get the antenna to at least the 1st floor, maybe near a window.
I would try this, as a temp. situation if possible.

Jimbo

adamhochman said:
Hello,
Here's my situation: I'm looking for an OTA antenna that will go in my basement, next to my TV (this is a temporary solution til DC gets the locals in HD so I'm not paying a contractor to go on the roof or wire something). I'm not far from the signals (about 5 miles/channel), but I have no windows in my basement. For the record, my zip is 20814 (which i think has something to do with the type of antenna).

I've seen discussions here about OTA antennas but can't find the info. Can you recommend a good antenna? I'd prefer to get it from a Circuit City or Best Buy (they're close to me), but I'll buy one online, assuming their return policy is decent (tried an antenna already from Radio Shack but it didn't work). Any recs are appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Adam

nothing going to work great in your basement.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Knicks-Celtics on MSG Blacked Out???

My DirecTV complete nightmare install

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)