can you record and watch another channel at the same time?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gocanes719

Original poster
Jul 23, 2007
I am watching a ball game and I wanted to record a home theater DIY show and it won't let me, it tells me I have to be tuned to the channel which I am trying to record. Aren't you able to watch one channel and record another at the same time on this thing? I read the manual and it says nothing about it.

With the HR20, you can record one show while watching another. Unless you only have one cable running to your box, you have this ability.

Sorry, I guess I should have finished that thought. Tune to the channel you want to record, press RECORD, then once the little red "R" circle appears, tune to the other channel you want to watch. That's all that's needed.

That is what I do. I push record and when I try to tun to another channel it tells me I have to stop recording to tune to the other channel

That is what I do. I push record and when I try to tun to another channel it tells me I have to stop recording to tune to the other channel

You should be able to record two channels at one time. You are either already recording another channel, or you have only one cable from the dish to the dvr. I guess you could have a faulty dvr, also.

Look at the back of your DTV DVR receiver and you should see two satellite pictures next to two coax connectors. If you have only one line, then you can only record one thing at a time. If you have two lines, then go into your setup menu on the box and make sure it's been selected for two cables...

I've heard DTV is working on releasing a component similar to the Dish Network separator later this year - which allows only one line to be used for two tuners. I hope this is a reality someday.

I have two connections, Do you know what settings I can change to make it work. My DVR box in my other room will record two things at a time.

I have two connections, Do you know what settings I can change to make it work. My DVR box in my other room will record two things at a time.

Do a system test and see if the rec. sees both tuners, I bet you only see number 1 tuner ....
Could be a cable, a connection, an LNB although if your other one is recording two channels then it's probably not a LNB.

Jimbo

Try doing a reset and then a forced download if the reset doesn't work. Or you could try switching the cables on the back of the receiver. If your problem moves to tuner 1, it is most likely a bad cable/connector somewhere. If the problem remains on tuner 2, the above steps (reset/download) should clear it up.

I have this same issue with my R15 once in a while. A quick re-boot fixes it. The only downer is that it interrupts what you are recording or want to watch.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)