Can you view another cities local stations?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Since you want to view both at the same time, it is not legal, but MAYBE once significantly viewed starts, but I am not 100% sure because I am not clear on the details of how that will work.

If you live in ATL you could "move" your service address to Augusta to get those via DirecTV and use you OTA antenna to maintain the ATL locals.

Last edited:
I was thinking about adding a dish that would pickup the 72.5 satellite.......I was not aware that it was not legal.
:(

Bill

If you live in ATL then your local DMA is based on that service (billing) zip code. Zip codes are claimed and served by specific affiliates. If you are in the ATL DMA, then getting the Augusta can be achieved by "moving" or changing your service address, but this changes your DMA. Only one DMA is allowed to be served (by law) at once by DirecTV, thus seeing two at once via DirecTV LIL is illegal. You could try having a relative of friend set up another DirecTV account in the Augusta DMA that you would pay for but have the actual receiver at your home. All that seems rather expensive just to see their locals. What is it that a town so close to you could have that you are not getting in ATL?

Last edited:
Thanks all.......I'll see if I can get HD OTA...then I'll decide......

I'm not sure why I want Augusta local tv.....It is my home town...maybe to see that I'm glad I don't live there anymore ;)

Bill

charper1 said:
If you live in ATL then your local DMA is based on that service (billing) zip code. Zip codes are claimed and served by specific affiliates. If you are in the ATL DMA, then getting the Augusta can be achieved by "moving" or changing your service address, but this changes your DMA. Only one DMA is allowed to be served (by law) at once by DirecTV, thus seeing two at once via DirecTV LIL is illegal. You could try having a relative of friend set up another DirecTV account in the Augusta DMA that you would pay for but have the actual receiver at your home. All that seems rather expensive just to see their locals. What is it that a town so close to you could have that you are not getting in ATL?

Even more expensive to think that, if caught, it's a federal crime. ;)

100144618 said:
Even more expensive to think that, if caught, it's a federal crime. ;)

Yea, can you tell us a SINGLE person that went to a federal pen doing this - OR even got a fine, etc... :rolleyes:
Jeeze, let's just go totally overboard with this to discourage these degenerate, thug, lawbreaker MOVERS... :p :rolleyes:

I was not claiming the "moving" was illegal. I was stating the DBS sending you 2 DMAs at the same time were illegal. AND hacking to do it is also illegal.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

anybody listen to the webcast of Cititgroup Conference

MPEG2/MPEG4-What?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)